Jago Miami?

Guest Guest

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This last comment is not constructive it was antagonizing. The author includes a quote at the bottom of thier section "Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death. "

-Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale.

Your fellow Sikh brothers and sisters have been trying to AWAKE the "conscience" of the organizers of Jago (let me remind you that the meaning of Jago is an awakaning). But to scold them for voicing thier oppinions, antagonize them and inciting them to go down to the Jago conference and enforce "thier" nitnem in not constructive. First and foremost it is not "thier" nitnem it is the Guru's Nitnem. Secondly, do you know what a mess it would be if some good intentioned and very upset people were pushed and made to feel the only way to honor thier Guru was to fly down to Miami and disrupt the conference. This conference that many people have worked hard on to organize, a conference that many others have taken out time and spent money to fly down and participate. I realize that you were just being sarcastic and venting some frustration but it really is not constructive.

Now as to the issues at hand. I did go to the first Jago conference so I can only speak to my experience there. At the first Jago they did have nitnem. They did speak about amrit. The secretary of the Gurdwara there (also from the younger generation) gave an amazing speach about amrit on the Gurdwara day. Many of us felt that it was worth going to the conference just to hear him speak again. I also unfortunately was a witness to the problems with the snacks. First of all I do feel they should not have meat at the conference. The Gurdwara there sponsored the event. They subsidized the who thing and gave somewhere around $30k if I remember correctly. Gurdwara funds should never be used to buy meat. If you would not serve meat in a Gurdwara then don't use its money for that purpose. No one leaves Gurdwara feeling like the Guru's way was not good enough or that they were not fed properly. We shouldn't hesitate to enforce the same a Sikh events.

Secondlly, they asked us when we regestered if we were vegetarians. They knew that vast majority of the group was vegetarian. Then they would have snacks that had eggs in them with no other options. You would not do that to a guest in your house so why would you do that to a paying participant. They had one meal offsite at a restaraunt and the vegetarian option was not truly vegetarian. The salad dressing was not vegetarian and all the vegetarians unknowingly ate the salad. I did not have the heart to tel the others. But I know one participant cried later becasue she had never eaten non-veg items in her life. Many of us made our feelings clear in the feedback forms. Although I enjoyed myself and felt inspired, I decided not to return the second year because I was treated so poorly when it came to my dietary needs/principals. My dietary needs and principals are unfortunately more respected on airplanes and at American conferences.

As far as peoples behaviors, the organizers are not responsible for peoples behavior but should just try to control them as much as possible. Have participants sign the waiver before coming and upon arrival. Then they need to enforce it strictly. People should know before they come the consequences of breaking the rules and not conforming with Sikhi values while attending the conference. Its better to loose a couple of potential participants (who can visit miami on thier own if they like) ahead of time. If people go to strip clubs and misbehave then it damages the integrity of all conferences and camps. Parents are already hesitant to send the kids especially thier daughters. We are ambassadors of Sikhi. Those who don't want to act accordingly should just not come or as I said before come on their own time with no affiliations tied to a Sikh conference.

I know one of the organizers is your friend since they used your account to reply in the past I hope you can pass on my message. I hope they can continue with having Nitnem. I hope they can stop serving meat. I hope the secretary can speak about amrit again. I hope they can be Gursikhi friendly so that it can be a sadhsangat experience.

GOing back to the quote: "Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death. "

-Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale.

Let us AWAKEN our conscience and strive the best we can to better ourselves and live a Gursikh Jivaan because anything less is "sure death".

My point was not to scold them for voicing their opinions.

my biggest point was to take their complaints to the organizers.

speaking their oppinions is fine, but it serves no purpose when they can't stand behind their opinion and take action about it, and quite honestly, its being hypocritical.

I have no problem what-so-ever with them voicing their opinions,

but it crosses the line when all you do is voice your opinion, and take no action.

I agree with most everything you said.

cheers.

VAHGURU JI KA KHALSA

VAHGURU JI KI FATEH!

Guest Narinder Singh
to Narinder Singh: the meat bashing hasnt continued. the latest messages have been about the Nitnem..

Well you're blind, read over the posts again.

Fateh.

Guest Guest
to Narinder Singh: the meat bashing hasnt continued. the latest messages have been about the Nitnem..

your right because the last few messages have been about Nitnem, not meat. The moderators arent allowing meat discussions.

Guest prove my wife wrong

i really should be studying so I'm gonna make this quick....

whenever someone steps up to help the panth, the nindaks come and try to hold him/her down. theres no short of crabs that step up to the plate.

so why are people getting so upset that something that has the Gurus name attatched to it, Jago, is causing making so many Guruwards upset?

this conference in no means adheres to its name. representative of the type of activities, banquets and cruises, and lack of other activities (full nitnem, Guru awareness) JagoMiami has not given fair chance for any body to have a Guru experience.

However there is Seva involved, some may cite that as Guruward, however again.... and anyone will attest, no matter what Seva you do, with out the name of the Guru, it is done in vain and has no value in the house of Guru Nanak, the house of God. This is as per Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj Ji.

How can anyone defend this is as being a Gurmat experience. Guru is everywhere, there is no doubt about it to anyone. But we dont live according to this basic knowledge, as shown by our alternative club goers.

We need to use this chance to get together as a Sangat and EXPERIENCE the Guru.

The stage has been set by a higher power for Sangat to convene. What we decide to do on the stage is our free-will. We can go to parties/clubs/etc at any time in our personal time. If we decide to do it when Guru has brought together Sikhs in your age group, we are sadly missing a wonderful opportunity and then cannot count on our Great Guru for such blessings in the future. Instead we may look back and wonder what happened, where did I go wrong?

To my friends, the organizers, dont market this conference to anything else (social, cultural) but our Guru. Sikhs, come here to experience Sangat, an opportunity to get your blessing from the Guru.

If you want the blessings of your Guru, make it Guruward and Sangat will come. Simple, yes, but stay TRUE to him, be his soldier. Stand by your Guru, because he is always doing likewise. Market it as Jago, true to the word, not Miami.

Blah blah blah you might say, I'm sorry if Ive become that guy, but I hope someone may think of it as a Seva to their Guru rather than for the people.

By the way, those that preach distortions are just sharing their perspectives based on their limited experience that all human beings have.

Gianni Baba Harnam Singh Ji, Rhampur Khera Vale was deep in meditation one day and was faced with a disfigured soul when he opened his eyes. The soul was also surrounded by his followers and we're looking at Babaji. They were the desolate souls that got stuck following around a "master" who they thought had the key. Please do not get stuck in following around anyone Piyario, except Our Great Guru, Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. No man living or dead will give you what the Guru will.

Dont waste your time, the noose of death is hanging over us all closer than we know...

In addition, you have 5 days to comply other wise this guy's men are getting a call...

2005-11-13-BabaDeepSingh_line.jpg

Maaf Karna, I know I said a lot of things but I hope My Guru will stand over me and forgive me for any hardship I have given

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

post-0-1186007057.jpg

Guest Guest

I am NOT going to debate the meat issue and I don't think we need to anymore either bc JAGO IS VEGETARIAN THIS YEAR!! I guess our voices have been heard. It is important that all of us continue to work out our issues together as a family. We are all children of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. One family. We now see that these types of peaceful exchange of ideas can work to achieve some resolution.

I also looked at the schedule at thier website jagomiami.com. They do have time alloted on thier schedule for morning divaans and rehras sahib in the evenings. However the morning divaans do not specify whether they are just kirtan or also nitnem and if nitnem if they are doing the full nitnem. Maybe someone can chime in if they know. I've been trying to get contact information to the Gurudwara Shahib there to get some input since the Gurdwara Sahib sponsors the event maybe they can listen to our pleas for nitnem.

Keep voicing your opinions!

PS - to our gursikh brother who commented last. Thankyou for your comment. I agree with all that you said and can appreciate the love and respect that you have for our Guru and his teachings. Thankyou for inserting the picture of Baba Deep Singh Ji he is so inspiring.

(Prove My Wife Wrong) Veer, I agree with most all you said, i just have a few questions for you.

no matter what Seva you do, with out the name of the Guru, it is done in vain and has no value in the house of Guru Nanak, the house of God.

Are you trying to say that this whole conference is not being done under the seva of Guru Maharaj?

And in saying this, you are basing it according to the fact that there is a banquet?

Under was context are you bringing up the point of seva not being done with the name of Guru ji?

(I say this politely):

What gives you the authority to judge the seva being done by others?

I ask for your answer.

this conference in no means adheres to its name. representative of the type of activities, banquets and cruises, and lack of other activities (full nitnem, Guru awareness) JagoMiami has not given fair chance for any body to have a Guru experience.

Are you saying that all banquets/parties/social events are going to take you away from sikhi?

Are you saying that in certain circumstances, when you get to mingle and socialize with other sikhs, you are going against the Guru?

I don't understand what your saying.

Please clarify.

Guru is everywhere, there is no doubt about it to anyone. But we dont live according to this basic knowledge, as shown by our alternative club goers.

This isn't even an argument if your ending your statement by providing evidence according to some club goers.

I agree completely with you, those club-goers should be punished, and banned from the progam.

If you are using this statement to talk negatively of the whole conference, I am in awe.

Under what reason are you basing the whole conference from the actions of few?

last year a group of guys (2 of which were roommates with a friend of mine) repeatedly went to strip clubs throughout the conference.

When we asked for names, why didn't this person come out and tell us? Whether it was in a private message or a public post.

Don't base your arguments against the program according to evidence which some are not providing to serve justice.

You spoke very honestly, and i appreciate you voicing your opinion.

I simply need some answers to the questions i've asked.

VAHGURU JI KA KHALSA

VAHGURU JI KI FATEH!

Guest p m w w

what answers do you seek singh jio....

what did he not give you that you seek so adamantly from others piyaria?

why are you soo busy being clever and searching for answers from mere mortals?

what time have you spent on curing the head, riddled with questions, with the seva of naam?

why are you trying to milk a dog that barks because he wants attention to satisfy his ego?

singh ji,

Wear the earrings of patience. Carry the begging bowl and wallet of humility, And smear the ashes of

meditation on your body. Let your patchwork coat be remembrance of death. Follow the path of purity, With the walking stick of faith. Let your sect be the family of man. Conquer your own mind And be victorious in the world. Hail! Hail! Hail! unto Him Primal, Pure, and equal to none. There is no beginning and no end. Through all ages only the One

JapJi Sahib, Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji

And also for futher, todays hukamnama from Darbar Sahib....

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. TRUTH IS THE NAME. CREATIVE BEING PERSONIFIED. NO FEAR. NO HATRED. IMAGE OF THE UNDYING. BEYOND BIRTH. SELF-EXISTENT. BY GURUS GRACE:

SORATH, FIRST MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, CHAU-PADAS:

Death comes to all, and all must suffer separation. Go and ask the clever people, whether they shall meet in the world hereafter. Those who forget my Lord and Master shall suffer in terrible pain. || 1 || So praise the True Lord, by whose Grace peace ever prevails. || Pause || Praise Him as great; He is, and He shall ever be. You alone are the Great Giver; mankind cannot give anything. Whatever pleases Him, comes to pass; what good does it do to cry out in protest? || 2 || Many have proclaimed their sovereignty over millions of fortresses on the earth, but they have now departed. And those, whom even the sky could not contain, had ropes put through their noses. O mind, if you only knew the torment in your future, you would not relish the sweet pleasures of the present. || 3 || O Nanak, as many as are the sins one commits, so many are the chains around his neck. If he possesses virtues, then the chains are cut away; these virtues are his brothers, his true brothers. Going to the world hereafter, those who have no Guru are not accepted; they are beaten, and expelled.

A Gurmukh is one that walks with the Guru in every breath, not one that questions the Guru in every breath.

Have the humility of Guru Ram Das and give in to your questioning mind, that is the ego. The heart knows the wisdom of the universe, the mind questions it.

guru_ram_ji.jpg

I apologise I didnt need to read your reply, it was felt, and this is all I can have to respond.

The light of the divine is all, Maaf Karna, but I will not answer questions merely for the sake of proving points....

O fickle mind, through cleverness, no one has found the Lord.

Through cleverness, no one has found Him; listen, O my mind.

This Maya is so fascinating; because of it, people wander in doubt.

This fascinating Maya was created by the One who has administered this potion.

I am a sacrifice to the One who has made emotional attachment sweet.

Says Nanak, O fickle mind, no one has found Him through cleverness.

Anand Sahib, Dhan Guru Amar Das Ji

Please dont dissect this and point out every blemish, that would be a waste of time as there are many...

but the gurbani is the Truth

and that my friend, is your true friend

DHan GUru Dhan Guru Piayare

Farewell My friend, all the answers are in your home.... what you decide to do to get them is up to you. where you look for them is up to you. the arrows are all pointing one way, the choice is yours, the consequences are yours...

Jo Gaj Ke Behlave, Gur Kalgidhar De Man nu Pahveh Nihaaal ho Jaaveh

Saaatsriii Akaaaaaal