12 O Clock Joke

Bored

Underlying the 12 o'clock jokes are two stereotypes of Punjabi Singhs. The first is that they are dumda*s*s pindu types. i.e. unsophisticated, simpletons.

The second is that they prone to crazy mad and irrational behaviour.

It doesn't take much to imagine where these stereotypes have stemmed from and a person only has to meet a handfull to pendus to start thinking that certain characteristics are Sikh.

As for why Hindus do it. Well, I'm starting to believe that any community in ascendency survives because it basically puts down and suppresses the others. This usually means devaluing their culture and portraying them as inferior. Everyone does this. Notice even in our own panth many Jatts feel the need to do this towards others. Many goray feel the need to adopt such an attitude towards nonwhites (i.e. that they are less evolved and uncivilised) and so forth...I remember the old days when SIkhs would bowl around laughing at Hindus for being effeminate and giddarhs. Now the tables have turned.

Plus we stop all stop being pindus and slap around the brothers that reinforce these stereotypes - You know loud, brash, thick with really poor colour coordination. Lets not give Bollywood teh ammunition to use against us.

Bollywood will always find a flaw to make fun of.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they gotta make fun of something.

the father of their nation is m.k. gandhi and their chaacha is Nehru.

gandhi is called bapu, nehru is called chaacha....

with a family like that, they want to be the ones making fun of someone else rather than being made fun of.

LOL.gif i swear this one the best posts u ever made :D