English Version Of The Guru Granth Sahib

Guest Guest

it, do what you like.

again, read carefully what i wrote. i apologized for using harsh language not for saying the truth

btw, people like you are the reason we are losing all maryada that guru sahib has given us

No, you said you could care less if you hurt peoples feelings and then offered an apology. That makes no sense at all, and is not much of an apology. Is this how you practice Sikhi????

You call me "It", deliberately and on purpose - see how childish and unnecessaily aggressive you are? Where did you learn to do this? Not from our Guru!

People like me are not the reason we are losing maryada - you cannot blame me for something worldwide. You yourself havent done it, so stop being such a hypocrite! What i am saying is if someone wants to ask a simple question, let them, dont bully and reprimand them.

This is a forum for everyone to learn from each other, not for you to deliberately try to belittle people. Why are you on here then?

What do you think your Guru thinks of you for your behaviour that you have shown? You hide behind the Guru's words and talk of maryada etc but you dont even show the basic principle of Sikhi - tolerance towards others. No wonder people use "Guest" as a disguise for their identity if they cannot even ask for simple help because they will be bullied by the likes of you.

I think you too need an English version of the GGS, you clearly have no idea about how to treat and help people. Stop with the fake words and apologies. Learn your background and stop shaming the Guru's teachings.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it, do what you like.

again, read carefully what i wrote. i apologized for using harsh language not for saying the truth

btw, people like you are the reason we are losing all maryada that guru sahib has given us

No, you said you could care less if you hurt peoples feelings and then offered an apology. That makes no sense at all, and is not much of an apology. Is this how you practice Sikhi????

You call me "It", deliberately and on purpose - see how childish and unnecessaily aggressive you are? Where did you learn to do this? Not from our Guru!

People like me are not the reason we are losing maryada - you cannot blame me for something worldwide. You yourself havent done it, so stop being such a hypocrite! What i am saying is if someone wants to ask a simple question, let them, dont bully and reprimand them.

This is a forum for everyone to learn from each other, not for you to deliberately try to belittle people. Why are you on here then?

What do you think your Guru thinks of you for your behaviour that you have shown? You hide behind the Guru's words and talk of maryada etc but you dont even show the basic principle of Sikhi - tolerance towards others. No wonder people use "Guest" as a disguise for their identity if they cannot even ask for simple help because they will be bullied by the likes of you.

I think you too need an English version of the GGS, you clearly have no idea about how to treat and help people. Stop with the fake words and apologies. Learn your background and stop shaming the Guru's teachings.

fateh

id like to appluad akirtghan for the fact that his post was relevant to the question asked i dnt see hw he belittled the person asking the question, he gave a pretty damn concise answer and he offered a link the fact he is giving us this info is something we should all learn frm . to me summer ji it looks like U r the one looking to stir the infamous "karche". Veer ji has been patient with you and has even apologised for his harsh words, but he has told the truth theis person was hinting that our guru ji was a book that can be traded for money, yes it may happen outside but that does not make it correct again hes correct in saying all should come from the sgpc and the english translations are a bit dodgy! you have provided no information to help, so please if your just on here to hate stop it!

bhul chuk maf :wub:

it, do what you like.

fateh

id like to appluad akirtghan for the fact that his post was relevant to the question asked i dnt see hw he belittled the person asking the question, he gave a pretty damn concise answer and he offered a link the fact he is giving us this info is something we should all learn frm . to me summer ji it looks like U r the one looking to stir the infamous "karche". Veer ji has been patient with you and has even apologised for his harsh words, but he has told the truth theis person was hinting that our guru ji was a book that can be traded for money, yes it may happen outside but that does not make it correct again hes correct in saying all should come from the sgpc and the english translations are a bit dodgy! you have provided no information to help, so please if your just on here to hate stop it!

war.gif

fateh

KullyKhalsa Ji,

The starter of the thread is actually my cousin. She has been looking for an English version of the GGS. She came to me and was baffled as to why this was written:

-guru sahib is not a book.

-one cannot "buy" guru sahib with money. money is given as bheta (offering). ideally, to cover costs of whichever sevadaar has done the seva.

She never called it a "book" and like it or not people do "sell" them for a set price, even in Gudwaras (unfortunately the one's she has seen up north are not good quality, with dodgy English translation) for in the region of £100. If she caused offence by asking where to get one and how much money etc, then of course, use sense to see this IS not deliberate. Please use common sense instead of, attacking someones wording. If you really are incensed by this, then you should contact Gudwara's asking then to stop doing this, rather than putting the blame on a girl.

I of course, am not supporting the fact that this happens.

I agree with my cousin, what is the point of posting a question, if the response is unhelpful? She never called it a "book" so akirtghan doesnt have to bring up these points.

Also, i appreciate the link he put in, but if its incomplete and inaccurate translations, then why offer this?

What links do you use Kully Khalsa that you can suggest?

When remarks were made about "a decent copy", what she meant was one that wouldnt fall apart - to that does she deserve to read "Be careful what you write...?" No, she does not. She just wants one she can keep. Isnt that a good thing?

akirtghan referred to me as "It" deliberately and maliciously - do you agree with this?

And why say he could care less about people's feelings and then apologise. Do you think this an adequate apology? You say he told the "truth". Well, the truth is people DO "sell" the GGS. Thats the truth. You may not like it, I dont like it but this is life.

That is the truth. It is not my fault.

You said akirtghan answered the question of the thread, well no, actually. Maybe you know a place for my cousin to buy an English version of the GGS? If so, you can answer the question of this thread?

I am from Punjab and have my own traditional copy which i read regulary but British Sikhs like my cousin cannot read the traditional script. I am glad she is looking to read more, but we are both baffled by this "Superiority complex" some people on SikhSanget have, i dont get it.

There is no need to deliberately call people "It" or berate someone when they didnt even call the GGS "a book", or have a go because people sell it, - she doesnt sell it! Or to start saying it is my fault that people are not doing maryada.

It was a simple question. If people dont know where to get one, then fine, so be it.

Im not hating on anyone, i am just standing up for the right for people to ask what they want to ask, in peace and comfort.

Kully Khalsa, instead of saying things like "that person implied its a book" - why not help British Sikhs to learn more instead of supporting and encouraging tittle tattle. Have you read the GGS? It is so against things like that! Please dont be pedantic on stuff like how my cousin worded a question.

Instead why dont you share what links you use for translation or maybe your local Gudwara is more respectful about the distribution of the GGS than the ones my cousin has encountered. Maybe you can share your resources.

Again, i want to say, i mean no disrespect to anyone BUT please, just let people post questions in peace and refrain from nitpicking about how something MAY have potentially been worded. You know and i know, she didnt mean any harm - so there is no need for "harsh words" and "reading between the lines" and "looking at whats being hinted". This reminds me of old ladies, trying to find a fault. Dont deconstruct these sentences so much!

She just wanted advice....

fateh

KullyKhalsa Ji,

The starter of the thread is actually my cousin. She has been looking for an English version of the GGS. She came to me and was baffled as to why this was written:

-one cannot "buy" guru sahib with money. money is given as bheta (offering). ideally, to cover costs of whichever sevadaar has done the seva.

She never called it a "book" and like it or not people do "sell" them for a set price, even in Gudwaras (unfortunately the one's she has seen up north are not good quality, with dodgy English translation) for in the region of £100. If she caused offence by asking where to get one and how much money etc, then of course, use sense to see this IS not deliberate. Please use common sense instead of, attacking someones wording. If you really are incensed by this, then you should contact Gudwara's asking then to stop doing this, rather than putting the blame on a girl.

I agree with my cousin, what is the point of posting a question, if the response is unhelpful? She never called it a "book" so akirtghan doesnt have to bring up these points.

Also, i appreciate the link he put in, but if its incomplete and inaccurate translations, then why offer this?

When remarks were made about "a decent copy", what she meant was one that wouldnt fall apart - to that does she deserve to read "Be careful what you write...?" No, she does not. She just wants one she can keep. Isnt that a good thing?

akirtghan referred to me as "It" deliberately and maliciously - do you agree with this?

And why say he could care less about people's feelings and then apologise. Do you think this an adequate apology? You say he told the "truth". Well, the truth is people DO "sell" the GGS. Thats the truth. You may not like it, I dont like it but this is life.

You said akirtghan answered the question of the thread, well no, actually. Maybe you know a place for my cousin to buy an English version of the GGS? If so, you can answer the question of this thread?

I am from Punjab and have my own traditional copy which i read regulary but British Sikhs like my cousin cannot read the traditional script. I am glad she is looking to read more, but we are both baffled by this "Superiority complex" some people on SikhSanget have, i dont get it.

There is no need to deliberately call people "It" or berate someone when they didnt even call the GGS "a book", or have a go because people sell it, - she doesnt sell it! Or to start saying it is my fault that people are not doing maryada.

It was a simple question. If people dont know where to get one, then fine, so be it.

Im not hating on anyone, i am just standing up for the right for people to ask what they want to ask, in peace and comfort.

Kully Khalsa, instead of saying things like "that person implied its a book" - why not help British Sikhs to learn more instead of supporting and encouraging tittle tattle. Have you read the GGS? It is so against things like that! Please dont be pedantic on stuff like how my cousin worded a question.

Instead why dont you share what links you use for translation or maybe your local Gudwara is more respectful about the distribution of the GGS than the ones my cousin has encountered. Maybe you can share your resources.

Again, i want to say, i mean no disrespect to anyone BUT please, just let people post questions in peace and refrain from nitpicking about how something MAY have potentially been worded. You know and i know, she didnt mean any harm - so there is no need for "harsh words" and "reading between the lines" and "looking at whats being hinted". This reminds me of old ladies, trying to find a fault. Dont deconstruct these sentences so much!

no offence but u just called our beloved guroo sahib it

and that would make anyone mad

bhaji lost his cool because gur ki ninda sunay na kaan

Dear khalistani_lioness,

Thank you for scouring my reply looking for a fault. I am not a born English speaker - i am from Punjab. If you would reply to me in Punjabi and made a miniscule mistake, i would not reprimand you for it. You know full well i mean no offence to the Guru Granth Sahib.

I hope you nitpicking at my response has made you happy.

I am saddened at your contribution to this thread.

i hope you learn more about Sikhism soon and i hope it makes you a better contributor.

Please feel free to scour this email for mistakes khalistani_lioness.

fateh

KullyKhalsa Ji,

fateh ji

as your cousin may or may not know she implied it was a book, now if you cant see this implication theres no point replying! ive already agreed that guru ji does get "sold" which doesnt make it right from your local gurdwara you can try to get a english version! whatever has happened between you an akirtghan is between yourself these petty arguments mean little to the rest of us! its not nitpicking its the fact that, it seems as if our guru ji is being disrespected now the fact has been established and everyone realises its an accident its all kewl but it was jst a reference point for the future! akirtghan said there are many dodgy versions in english he then proceded to give you a link which is the most unbiased english link i know of, this is the same link i use, i think people have misunderstood his post! the blame doesnt lie with a girl or a gurdwara there is no blame for any1 , the point was stressed so as people dnt make that mistake it was aimed at the likes of me and others who may or may not kno that we could offend people! i dnt see a "superiority complex" on sikhsangat, maybe your looking to hard for things that arent there!

bhul chuk maf :D

fateh ji

as your cousin may or may not know she implied it was a book, now if you cant see this implication theres no point replying! ive already agreed that guru ji does get "sold" which doesnt make it right from your local gurdwara you can try to get a english version! whatever has happened between you an akirtghan is between yourself these petty arguments mean little to the rest of us! its not nitpicking its the fact that, it seems as if our guru ji is being disrespected now the fact has been established and everyone realises its an accident its all kewl but it was jst a reference point for the offence Summer Ji - You have serious emotional issues - all your points are nothing BUT EMOTIONAL.future! akirtghan said there are many dodgy versions in english he then proceded to give you a link which is the most unbiased english link i know of, this is the same link i use, i think people have misunderstood his post! the blame doesnt lie with a girl or a gurdwara there is no blame for any1 , the point was stressed so as people dnt make that mistake it was aimed at the likes of me and others who may or may not kno that we could offend people! i dnt see a "superiority complex" on sikhsangat, maybe your looking to hard for things that arent there!

Sat Siri Akal ji,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, there does seem to be misunderstandings in this post etc.. But of course, this is due to nitpicking at sentences, which is totally ridiculous! You say that it is disrespectful to Guru Ji, but if you read actually read the Guru Granth Sahib Ji, you will learn that it is also disrespectful to throw hurdles and obstacles in someones way, when no ill intent was meant and they are trying with a good heart to learn. Sikhism is supposed to be an open religion NOT an exclusive "Oh, you did this and that therefore im gonna kick off about something, even though i know you meant no harm".

"Sikh" after all means pupil, so if someone is trying to learn with good intentions, then you as a "Sikh" should accept that.

I find this nit picking at sentences appalling. I used to live at a Gudwara in Punjab and this type of thing would never happen there, even if there was a misunderstanding.

It is sad that this thread was started in the vein of learning more (which all the Guru's would be proud of) and instead, it has become an analysis of words or how sentences are written. That is no good and i dont see how anyone can be happy with that.

i dnt see a "superiority complex" on sikhsangat, maybe your looking to hard for things that arent there!

The point of Sikhi is to be humble, there is no need for nitpicking and then saying stuff like"Oh you wrote this and that" It is negative. Trust me, i used to live and do Seva with a Granthi.

I am not looking too hard for things that arent there. Its sad that obstacles are thrown up when there is no need for that at all - it goes against the whole reason of Sikhism.

Fair point, a link was given - i have acknowledged that already. But its not the same as having a GGS in your house.

Again, i say, how saddened i am at this but thank you Kully Khalsa for your reply.

I hope you dont mind, if i aslo reply to Sitargirl too?

No offence Summer Ji - You have serious emotional issues - all your points are nothing BUT EMOTIONAL.

No, Sitargirl, i dont. As i have written time and time again - no offence was ever intended, this is based on a fact.

Here is the point - Your cousin should have not called SGGS 'it' End of.

If it was a mistake then all you have to do is say sorry...everyone here has respect for Maharaj and will point it out when You SAY IT. If you got problems with that then you don't have the same respect as we do - every poster agrees with that.

"If it was a mistake...?" Please Sitargirl, of course, as i have said, no offence was EVER intended. It is a grammatical error, that is all. Im sure you can see, if especially, you think i have been emotional, that no offence was EVER intended at all! If you want me to say sorry for typing words on a computer screen - then I AM SORRY. Are you happy now?

You are hard going. If you have read my posts, you will see that i am very saddened at the lack of support for trying to get an English version of the GGS for my cousin.

You have said khalistani_lioness too...if anything your nitpicking at a minor issue and have blown it out of proportion. But SitarGirl - you have done the same thing... focussing on one sentence and disregarding the intention.

The intention is to LEARN ABOUT SIKHISM, please read about what the Guru's say about Intention.

I again, say i mean no offence, i have never meant any offence, i am saddened that you THINK i do mean offence. I apologise for any grammatical mistakes, but i wonder if you slate me for making an innocent mistake, or the innocent mistake of my cousin, then what kind of Sikhi do you practice??