Kaurs In Punj Piarey

From what I understand the Namdharies were the first to claim to give Amrit via initiation rites of the Kanda Amrit this was at the turn of the last century

i have heard that also but slight correction, naamdharis were the first to claim give khanda da amrit to "women"

Would you say that modern day Sant Babas should not adminster Khanda Da Amrit because they are non martial?

If this dualistic mode exists, then why not give it to everyone?

Should men who appear to be non physically fit, unable to engage in battle, and lack martial vigor be denied Khanda Da Amrit?

Guest Dancing Warrior
From what I understand the Namdharies were the first to claim to give Amrit via initiation rites of the Kanda Amrit this was at the turn of the last century

i have heard that also but slight correction, naamdharis were the first to claim give khanda da amrit to "women"

True, there is nothing really that confirms it to be a fact, no real historical data, the one I read was about 1930’s and at that time women had been taking Kanda Amrit albeit not many.

Would you say that modern day Sant Babas should not adminster Khanda Da Amrit because they are non martial?

Should men who appear to be non physically fit, unable to engage in battle, and lack martial vigor be denied Khanda Da Amrit?

not really.

Again there are two ways to look at khanda da amrit - from warrior perspective that khanda amrit is meant for warriors/dals.

second way to look at it is not from historic angle but from spiritual angle which is- via khanda amrit- jaiagaso gets naam amrit.

Both are valid. Khanda amrit was given in bhai dya singh ji samparda because of their dual mode existed from seena-basina.

I even heard in the contary of namdharis claim that nirmales were the first one to give amrit to women.

Guest Dancing Warrior

I don’t think those characteristics and necessities apply these days its more to do with,

“I’ve shuked it, now I’m saved, now I must do positive seva and save everyone else…..oi’ you shuk it or you doomed”

My point of my posts is not to make others think that khanda da amrit given to women right now is invalid or was invalid but to make others aware that there is more than one outer intitation for women/sikh in khalsa panth. All outer intiations are valid, some are valid from historical angle, some are valid from spiritual angle. Remember we are talking about outer intiation not naam amrit. there is no dispute in the panth about naam amrit. All were given gurmantar, all were guru-waley none was nirguraie. Its outer amrit we are discussing.

not really.

Again there are two ways to look at khanda da amrit - from warrior perspective that khanda amrit is meant for warriors/dals.

second way to look at it is not from historic angle but from spiritual angle which is- via khanda amrit- jaiagaso gets naam amrit.

Both are valid. Khanda amrit was given in bhai dya singh ji samparda because of their dual mode existed from seena-basina.

I even heard in the contary of namdharis claim that nirmales were the first one to give amrit to women.

If both are valid, and both can be seen from historical and spiritual angle why are you making the distintion?

If Khanda da Amrit can be given to pasifist non martial Khalsa, then why have the distintion of having just purely naam amrit and kirpan ka amrit?

Why cannot a woman or man take Khanda Da Amrit and still be non martial?

If someone takes Khanda Da Amrit and is a pacifist non martial khalsa, would you say it is acceptable for them to not adopt the kakars which are martial items?

Guest Narinder Singh

So are you implying that Guru Sahib didnt give the name "Kaur" to women, if not, then who did? and when?

And um, didnt Mata Sahib "Kaur" get Amrit?

Fateh.

Its actually Mata Sahib Deva :wub:

LOL.gif

lol the stuff sum of you guys say makes me laff.....

emm im gonna stay outta this debate though.... its been discussed loadsa times already.

basically i belive women can have amrit exact same way singhs are given amrit.

however i belive women shudnt do seva in panj piayre. cant be bothered 2 explain though......too tired..