Wahs The Pic All About?

Menu Ke Patha

I dont like the silly topi

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dancing Warrior

The level of paranoia is amusing rolleyes.gif , Guru Nanak Dev Ji maharaj wore a seli type topi, even Sobha Singh back in the 70’s also depicted Guru ji in this manner, but the SGPC back in the day told him to change it. Some of you Neo Sikhs may want to look at ancient frescos in many of our institutions other avatars, devi devthe are also depicted along side the Gurus, further more battle standards from the jangs our gurus and great warriors fought in have several different types of devi, devthe etc, further more Guru Hargobind ji maharaj and engravings on his personalised shastras, have a clue before you bakwaspanthies start dissing real history and not the neo-pseudoism that’s followed today. If your offended good, learn to take it if you know how to dish it! :nihungsmile:

Bakwaspanthees!!

Guest peacemaker

The level of recklessness that some people seem to take on this site without much thought or reasoning, is actually quite amusing. Quit labeling people by a few quick sentences that you throw on here whenever you've got nothing better to do, and go help and old lady cross the street, would you?!! Thank you!

The level of recklessness that some people seem to take on this site without much thought or reasoning, is actually quite amusing. Quit labeling people by a few quick sentences that you throw on here whenever you've got nothing better to do, and go help and old lady cross the street, would you?!! Thank you!

the old bibia down my street are dangerous.

Guest peacemaker

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, are you afraid of them? And you call yourself "supersingh"?!!!!! rolleyes.gif

The level of paranoia is amusing rolleyes.gif , Guru Nanak Dev Ji maharaj wore a seli type topi, even Sobha Singh back in the 70’s also depicted Guru ji in this manner, but the SGPC back in the day told him to change it. Some of you Neo Sikhs may want to look at ancient frescos in many of our institutions other avatars, devi devthe are also depicted along side the Gurus, further more battle standards from the jangs our gurus and great warriors fought in have several different types of devi, devthe etc, further more Guru Hargobind ji maharaj and engravings on his personalised shastras, have a clue before you bakwaspanthies start dissing real history and not the neo-pseudoism that’s followed today. If your offended good, learn to take it if you know how to dish it! :nihungsmile:

Bakwaspanthees!!

would you mind sharing your opinion on the part of tankhanama of bhai nand lal ji I quoted earlier, or do you thing Guroo Sahib Ji didnt practice what they preached?

Also, i dont know if u believe, but Baba Nand Singh Ji guided an artist to paint a picture of when he saw Guroo Nanak Dev Ji by giving detailed descriptions, this painting shows Guroo Sahib wearing a GOL DASTAR

(Please note i do not advocate pictures of Guroo Sahib or idol worship, just putting this here for the sake of argument)

post-757-1186844652.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, are you afraid of them? And you call yourself "supersingh"?!!!!! rolleyes.gif

im just joking you know :wub:

Guest Dancing Warrior

Bakwaspanthees!!

would you mind sharing your opinion on the part of tankhanama of bhai nand lal ji I quoted earlier, or do you thing Guroo Sahib Ji didnt practice what they preached?

Also, i dont know if u believe, but Baba Nand Singh Ji guided an artist to paint a picture of when he saw Guroo Nanak Dev Ji by giving detailed descriptions, this painting shows Guroo Sahib wearing a GOL DASTAR

(Please note i do not advocate pictures of Guroo Sahib or idol worship, just putting this here for the sake of argument)

post-757-1186844652.jpg

History is unbiased, it was no personality, opinion, etc and cannot be rewritten, quantum within it where one Nand Singh painted a picture of Guru Ji does not tip the scale of blatant overwhelming evidence that totally refutes modern Neo-Sikh theology and in this case also , believe what you want and what you like, fashion it how you will if you want it to be it will be, but that doesn’t make it right.

So what if Guru Nanak wore a seli? If Guru Hargobind started the tradition of wearing a turban and ending the tradition of seli, then that is the correct traditon for us.

What people are beginning to debate is whether the seli should ever be worn.

There is a similiar trend with weapons wiv the gurus.

I asked my "neo-sikh" cousin a similair question, and he went nuts!!

dont get your blood pressure high. control yourselves!!

also history has no bias, that may be true, but writers certainly do.

So what if Guru Nanak wore a seli? If Guru Hargobind started the tradition of wearing a turban and ending the tradition of seli, then that is the correct traditon for us.

What people are beginning to debate is whether the seli should ever be worn.

There is a similiar trend with weapons wiv the gurus.

I asked my "neo-sikh" cousin a similair question, and he went nuts!!

dont get your blood pressure high. control yourselves!!

also history has no bias, that may be true, but writers certainly do.

You are soo right chatanga,

I cannot beleive how insecure some people are..lol..

What would you do if Guru Ji gave you partakh darshan? would you able to recognize him at the first place?

I heard stories of many gurmukhs getting darshan of Guru ji, they go full mastane(spiritual intoxicated) all their life, in some circumstances, it's soo intense some of them leave their body in love for Guru ji, and some of them even try to commit sucide after getting darshan of guru ji in urgue to see him again.

Guru,and Vahiguroo there is no difference. Vahiguroo's has two forms- nirgun(non existent) and sargun(existent). Sargun form of Vahiguroo is Guru Ji both in form of Shabad Guru and in his physical roop.

I know by looking at the sad state in panth and stupidiest thing we fight over ie- color of dastar, big/small kirpan, sarbloh kara or steel kara, meditation postures, certain way of doing patt or interpertating gurbani, certain way of doing kirtan etc, i don't think we be able to recognize him because we have "conditioned" our mind this is how Sri Guru Sahiban should look like, act like, think like, speak like etc etc.

We(Sikhs) have started judging our khasam Guru by own little mats(standards). We got people who start rejecting relics of maharaj and bachitar natak by questioning the act of Guru. Why did he felt a need to write a autiobiography of himself? he cannot wear seli topi.

We judge our khasam guru according to our own standards, that nirankari jot who came into this world to break shackles of soceity (shariavaad, bhraminvaad) can dress in which ever way they want, they dont your premission nor the rehit like you must wear dumala or dastar applies to them. I cannot beleive sharia sikhs restricting their own guru maharaj act by the rehit maryada in rehit namas which were written gurmukhs..lol...lol. i just need a laugh.

Question to people- Guru Maharaj who made all this sristi, rehat maryada does his own rules apply to him? maryada is for students, stopping applying maryada's to guru(Teacher). Have you ever heard of physics teacher, completing exams along with his students in the class rom? no he is the one marks the exams.

What if Guru Sahib give us darshan in livaaj(dress) of almast fakir(contary to most people mindset of how Guru dressed like ie- bibeki, 9 inch kirpan etc etc), dastar to test us(sikhs).. is my sikh got to avastha of advait(non duality)/ bhagat namdev where he saw God in Dog and every where?

What if Guru Sahib comes to the house of Sikh in form of gareeb(poor person) to test his sikh,.. did my sikh reached the state "free" from dvaish(partiality) towards other human regardless of their dharam? would we able to recnognize him?

Guru Ji can take whichever form he wishes in sargun form to test his Sikh because Guru ji is a nirankari jot... what scares me or send shivers down to my spine that we sikhs may even reject our own Guru as "kafir" when we start judging Guru Sahiban with our standards(little mat and buddhi), narrow minded views.

sorry for my ranting.. just a thought in my mind..been thinkin about this for last couple of days now.