Met Some P'stani Claiming To Be A Shia

dalsingh101

Karae’ are shastars they’ve been worn by all sorts of warrior and soldier traditions in history, but then some neo-Sikhs believe

“its to remind us of our link union with god”

then you get those that say

“it reminds us that god is forever going never ending”

and all that other pretty fairy nonsense that I cant be bothered to state. LOL.gif

maybe you could explain to us more about the karae' then ?

I agree with Dancing Warrior. Way too many Sikhs give out these elaborate explanations of our symbols that are based on no evidence. Plain fact, there are no in depth explanations of the 5 ks that can be traced to Dasmesh pitas time.

It seems a joke that you want to follow something and dont want to have logical or rather any kind of base to support ur beleif.

Of course Guru Ji had guided all the Sikhs to wear the Five Ks keeping in mind the Spiritual as well as practical importance for every component .

If you dont have reason or background for wearing a Kara or having Kes ...you will not be convinced with your own faith ....forget convincing the World.

If the Sikhs arnd the world were to beleive the same as you say then, they we wudnt have survived with our Distinct Physical Appearance and wud have easily given up on Kakkars. It is because of a very strong practical and spiritual significance that the Sikh community is so firm on these.

I'm nt against u in anyway...just against ur opinion.

Fateh

Karae’ are shastars they’ve been worn by all sorts of warrior and soldier traditions in history, but then some neo-Sikhs believe

“its to remind us of our link union with god”

then you get those that say

“it reminds us that god is forever going never ending”

and all that other pretty fairy nonsense that I cant be bothered to state. LOL.gif

maybe you could explain to us more about the karae' then ?

I agree with Dancing Warrior. Way too many Sikhs give out these elaborate explanations of our symbols that are based on no evidence. Plain fact, there are no in depth explanations of the 5 ks that can be traced to Dasmesh pitas time.

It seems a joke that you want to follow something and dont want to have logical or rather any kind of base to support ur beleif.

Of course Guru Ji had guided all the Sikhs to wear the Five Ks keeping in mind the Spiritual as well as practical importance for every component .

If you dont have reason or background for wearing a Kara or having Kes ...you will not be convinced with your own faith ....forget convincing the World.

If the Sikhs arnd the world were to beleive the same as you say then, they we wudnt have survived with our Distinct Physical Appearance and wud have easily given up on Kakkars. It is because of a very strong practical and spiritual significance that the Sikh community is so firm on these.

I'm nt against u in anyway...just against ur opinion.

Fateh

I don't think you've understood. Many Sikhs have made elaborate claims for what things represent, which have no basis is reality. Let me give you an example, all those explicit descriptions of what the modern Khanda symbol stands for by people acting as if they know for sure, then only to recently discover the symbol in its current form is only actually 70 odd years old.

I think oral traditions that are frankly made up by someone can quickly take hold of Sikh imagination and be passed off as Gospel like truth.

It is true that I have heard these typical explanations of karae, that they represent God (no beginning - no end), or are a reminder of this or that, a link to God etc.

Now I have grown up and studied some Sikh history myself, I know that no such ideas were put out by our Gurus themselves but I believe it is likely someone invented these concepts because that is what the symbols represent to THEM, which is fair enough. But it is plain wrong to go on like they have explicit knowledge of the meanings of our symbols when they don't.

I remember being told in Punjabi school as a kid that the kirpan was defending against attacks by dogs. Even aged 10 I could tell it was a lie!

The other one is the "kirpa" and "aan" theory. I wonder where these ideas come from.

One that bothers me is the "keeping kesh because it is Gods gift and our natural form", then some clever j erk always says "well why do you cut your toe nails and finger nails then. If God didn't want you to have them, then he wouldn't have given them to you".

Guest Dancing Warrior

Shias have a strong Persian Zoroastrianism history similar to ourselves, where gallantry, heroics, chivalry are high qualities. Persians are different to Arabs don’t confuse the two. Ali and Rustum for example are great warrior heroes and are celebrated in these traditions.

*Zoroastrianism faith which historically outdates all monotheist

world religions such as Islam, Christianity, Judaism and Sikhism and to which all monotheism faiths have roots in.

Shias have a strong Persian Zoroastrianism history similar to ourselves, where gallantry, heroics, chivalry are high qualities. Persians are different to Arabs don’t confuse the two. Ali and Rustum for example are great warrior heroes and are celebrated in these traditions.

*Zoroastrianism faith which historically outdates all monotheist

world religions such as Islam, Christianity, Judaism and Sikhism and to which all monotheism faiths have roots in.

Really I thought Judaism was the root?

I must study that.

Guest Dancing Warrior

The Zoroastrianism faith along with Zarathustra were the first to proclaim

“There is only one God”

Extract

A Religion with its origin in ancient Iran, which exist even in modern times.

Zoroastrianism is perhaps the world's oldest continuing non-pantheistic religion. The founder of Zoroastrianism, Zarathustra, preached around 600 BCE a monotheistic religious message, much of which is found in the central collection of religious texts, Avesta.

Inside the History of Religion the teachings of Zarathustra has been used in order to explain the development of the three major monotheistic religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

Zoroastrianism is also called Zarathustrism, Mazdaism and Parsism. Parsism is the term used today among the believers in India, the largest Zoroastrian society of today. Modern Zoroastrianism counts about 150,000 believers in India, 60,000 in Iran, and perhaps 50,000 in the rest of the world.

so its like sikhs aren't the only ones who wear a

kara muslims wear it too? grin.gif

I looked on the net but couldn't find anything about Shias and karas.