CASTE AND WHY IT IS RIGHT...

Nama Singh

Okay, so we theres probably been countless topics on here about the whole caste system and why it is wrong but here is a different angle...

There are people out there in the world who have reli no regard for Sikhi. Im not saying they are bad people but there are people that go sleeping around, boozing, smoking, n all the rest of it in the state of mind that "Hey... im PUNJABI! IM A JATT OR TARKHAAN OR WOTEVA! ITS IN MY BLOOD TO LIVE DA HIGH LIFE! BRRRUUUAAAHH!" and all that thinking that its in their culture to do all that kinda stuff n when it comes to religion they think "it aint for me man"... but isnt it funny how religion IS "for them" once they find they are being discriminated coz of caste or the classic is that when the time comes for them to marry their boyfriend or girlfriend n their parents say NO coz of caste they will turn round n say "yeh but i thought Guru Nanak says not to believe in caste!"

The thing is caste is pretty much part of Indian history and therefore Punjab history so if someone wants to be a "typical" Punjabi who lives "da high life" and follows the culture, should they still be allowed to defend themselves - by using religion - when, for example, their parents diasapprove of inter-caste marriages? Too many people call themselves Sikhs yet they dont want to be Sikhs - i hear people talk about a "true Sikh" but i think this is such a stupid term. A Sikh is true neway. You cant have a false Sikh. Ure either a Sikh - or a Punjabi, or an Indian, or English or woteva.

--- SORRY IF THIS OFFENDS NEONE! ---

yeh sorry, i had to go out half way through whilst writing it...

ok neone who hasnt read the first post, read it n then reply bearing in mind a question - is it ok for people who call themselves Sikhs - yet follow a Punjabi culture way of life which includes drinking, going out with guys or girls, smoking etc - to use religion as a defence for when they are discriminated against because of caste...?

What Aman is trying to say is that, if someone is a JATT for example, and under certain circumstances uses religion to back up his arguement, is he right or wrong?

meaning if I'm a jatt and i drink,smoke, etc. then when I need to prove, for example in marriage, that caste isn't important, am I authorized to do so?

As an answer I think that there couldn't be a bigger hypocrite than that person, because it doesn't justify what he does, and how he lives, so how can he use the support of Guru Nanak, when he doesn't even want to learn about Guru Nanak's teachings..

My two cents!