Anti-sikh Preacher Barred From Temple

Dear Ferrari,

the notion that one has to visit hazoor sahib before 60 is twaddle. Sikhi is a practical religion and as such this idea of going somewhere before a certain age to achieve mukti is nonsense. Guru Ji is waiting for you at Hazoor sahib, but he is also waiting for you at your local gurdwara.

If you beleive its true and you have the vadbhag of having darshan of the holy takht, then i would apply the dust from your feet to my forehead. However , i would have the same attitude if you went when you were 61.

As for Rakhri, it is a hindu festival but commonly particpiated in by all religions, just like christmas is in the west. But the observance of it as a religious belief and mere participation are 2 different things. Just like my neices who love the christmas tree but have no idea about the 10 commandments. My parents observe it cos they were brought up in it being from india. They dont give a damn about a christmas tree . however my neices couldn care less about rakhri, but they would go mental if we didnt get them a tree at christmas. Its the culture you are brought up in. Now im not saying dont tie a rakhri, if you want to then do it. What i will say is it holds no religious value for a Sikh, the same as having a tree at christmas time. And if you want a tree at christams then have one as well.

Also the signature is a quote from Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale. I could never have the brains to think of something like that myself.

chatanga

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chatanga Ji,

Bhaji, firstly I don’t know about that newspaper article you are talking about. But I can def say that Maharaz Darshan Das Ji never claimed to a Guru/God.

And the other comment about toes? Bhaji, that is really wrong to say. I really don’t know who and what lies someone has been telling you. But that is a complete lie and furthermore that is really insulting.

Regarding Sants I have to disagree with your comment-‘a Sant does not teach you anything in life’.

A Sant teaches you everything in life to reach God. A Sant spreads the love of God. A Sant Makes you realise your actions and to get you on the path of God.

‘Guru Granth Sahib teaches all. Sants only convey this message’ Yes I can understand what you are saying but remember this The Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is a collection of Banis from Gurus, Bhagats and Sants. So in essence a Sant is a messenger of God that blesses us as we hear the praises of God and how to reach God, in Shabad roop within a Sants Bani. This is my personal belief.

KhalsaMan Ji,

Bhaji How can you say that you thank someone for killing another person? It’s bad just to say this regarding an individual but to say that about one of Gods Messengers is really wrong.

We are all brought up from our parents to give respect to each and every person. The main belief as God is within everyone therefore if you hurt someone’s dil that is paap as the true house of God is within each and every one of us.

But to say such a thing about God Messenger that is wrong. If we look in the past through different religions/faiths we see that when Gods messengers are sent they always have a struggle in their life and even the sacrifice of their own life for the wellbeing mankind. However they all go leaving the same message Peace, Love and Unity through Humanitarianism, and the meditation on Naam Shabad to try to reach God.

Bhaji Please think before you write such things.

Nanak Naam Chardi Kala Tere Bhane Sarbat Da Bhala.

well said ferrari and dimple, however if someone has nothing good to say it doesnt mean they shouldnt say it this forum is for highlighting issues like this, i have nt heard this preacher speak before however if theyre is any truth in the rumours then people should be informed, we are all proud of our religion but ignoring issues like this will nt make them go away, i am proud of the sangat and what they have achieved they have made the gaps between sikhs and hindus smaller and made the communities wrok together

bhul chuk maf

simsingh

the article was printed in the papers and on the local news in 1987. Now he may never have said it, but the indian high commision published a statement saying that the Guru of the SIkhs is vsiting UK. Now why didnt DD say this is rubbish? He never said anything about it. He has the patronage of the ravan hakoomat , as he was an instrumental tool in undermining the Sikh basic teaching that Shabad is Guru, not DEh dhari.

Now if you wanna folow dehdhari thats up to you. The deh dharis cannot teach you anything. they only copy from Guru Granth Sahib and tell you about it. Again i re-iterate, Sants can help you understand the Word and set an example for you , but they cannot teach you it. Only the Guru can teach you. The Sants just re-gurgitate what the Guru says.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Sangat Ji please be aware of this CULT. These people always seem to pop up out of nowhere whenever there is a discussion on the darshan dassi's, posting their conversion spiels. Just check out this last thread as an example. Same people in different clothing so to speak...

http://www.sikhsangat.com/content/GURBANI-...i-Or-Namdhari-/

My family knows of people in the 80's who got caught up in all of this and it wasn't pretty. Best to stay far away from the cult and stick to the charan of our great and limitless Guru, Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji :WW:

"what they have achieved they have made the gaps between sikhs and hindus smaller and made the communities wrok together"

more like made a bridge for sikhs to become hindus. like all other cults, such as naamdharis, narkdharis, radha swamis, etc etc darshan das etc etc, these are all fronts for the assimilation of the sikh identity into hinduism. that is why when the sikhs had an issue with the nirankari cult in 1978, the gov't made it into a war between hindus and sikhs, when nirankaris were a so-called sikh sect. sikhs have never had problems with hindus, but hindus have always been suspicious of sikhi from the time of guru nanak dev ji.

for people coming on a sikh forum and talking about pilgrimages in sikhi, please ask your maharaz to give you more lessons on sikhi, cause you totally missed that pilgrimages don't exist in sikhi.

look we aren't stupid. you guys talk nice and that's great. we know your agenda and its not accepted by the wider sikh community.

peace.

mkl ji, I am a sikh and have been bought up to belive in this pilgrimage, which I did when I was quite young, so how do you go about explaining this to the gurdwara that I use to attend and do attend. Most of them do say this, so how can we say that the darshan dasi's need to learn more about sikhi. I think that our Gurdwara Granthi's need to have further education as what they are telling us isnt actually the truth either as you and a few of my brothers on this site see it. So please enlighten me.

Your pyari penji

Chatanga Ji,

I know that there were a few articles and news reports on the assassination of Maharaz Darshan Das Ji. But I have never heard the statement ‘Guru of the Sikh visiting UK’. Bhaji firstly I would like to say that this statement is wrong. Maharaz Darshan Das Ji as well as Maharaz Tarlochan Darshan Das Ji both say that within Sikhism there have only been 10 Gurus and will only be 10 Guru Ji’s. They have never claimed to be a Guru.

Likewise I am sure you can understand that in this article ‘Anti Sikh Preacher....’ this is wrong too as Maharaz Ji’s teaching and the Sachkand Nanak Dham Mission is not anti Sikh.

Bhaji regarding your Comment ‘instrumental tool in undermining the Sikh basic teaching that Shabad is Guru’; I think there have been so many lies and rumours Maharaz Ji’s teaching have been twisted. Maharaz Ji has never undermined the teaching of Shabad Guru. Instead Maharaz Ji strengthens this and highlights the importance of Shabad Guru through satsangs. In Maharaz Ji teachings he constantly tells sangat the importance of Naam Shabad and that God’s source is Naam Shabad. Therefore he is an instrumental tool of God.

Mann Kaum Layee Ji,

Bhaji don’t take this to heart but I think there is a great misunderstanding about Maharaz Ji and through this comment you have made ‘fronts for the assimilation of the Sikh identity into Hinduism’.

Bhaji this comment I highlighted is one of the reason people get confused. Maharaz Ji teaches one almighty God; all religions are his as he has created many paths for us. So Maharaz Ji is not trying to convert you but encourage the unity of all religions (as we say ekta). I know that everyone’s religion is deep in their heart but it’s not about conversion, but about the praises of God that he is in everyone and therefore all believers of all faiths.

Regarding the topic of pilgrimages I agree that pilgrimages by itself will not give you mukti. As Chatanga bhaji so kindly put it, it’s through your actions and the way you live your life. This is a teaching that Maharaz Ji also tells his sangat. Personally I believe people go on pilgrimages/yaatra for their own Sukh Shanti. This is not to say that giving respect at religious places do not give a person anything. As it does, I am sure that the people that do go attend holy places, God does give them blessings but it’s the way you live your life that is important too.

Myself I would love to go Nankana Sahib, Hazoor Sahib and Hem Kunt Sahib. As these places are my heart and souls desires. If I am lucky I will go one day. Come on bhaji I am sure you know what I mean when we go Sri Harmandir Sahib how amazing is that!

Regarding your comment ‘look we aren't stupid…. we know your agenda and it’s not accepted by the wider Sikh community.’

Bhaji I never said you are stupid, in fact you have great passion and love for Sikhism. All I am saying that how you have love for Sikhism other people have the same love for their religion. Regarding Maharaz Ji and his teaching I just wanted to show to you that the teachings and beliefs he has showed us and taught us is the same of every one of Gods Messengers.

Hey bhaji you know it’s a discussion and you have put your views forward and I have just tried to show my views and the teachings I have learnt from Maharaz Ji.

I hope we can have another discussion but hopefully on another topic.

Nanak Naam Chardi Kala Tere Bhane Sarbat Da Bhala.