What Does Hindu Images Portray

ocelot

Kaal depicted as Kali simply put represents the comic time, quantum and energy and the inevitable death and rebirth etc etc etc its long cant be bothered to explain it to you do some research and educate yourself.

Last post on this cant be bothered with racist small minded bakwas.

What is comic time, i have read quantum physics, what is it. What do you mean by quantum and energy?

The whole line there is no physics just use three random words. What is comic time? SkepticSikh do you know what he wants to say?

So it is what is depicted by your avataars.

I am educated, admin do not allow me to put the lines from dasam Granth as they become too obscene.

The Kali is not kaal, you are reciting Chandi dee vaar dont you you know better.

Just one thing it will end all,

Do you believe existence of goddess Kali, Ram Shiv,hanuman as worshippable?

Just one thing

Racist will say kill all hindus or convert all hindus to sikhs, there is nothing as Sikh racist.

Murakh will be born in sikh and worship Hindu goddess.

Regards

I can't beleive racist scumbags are allowed to diss other dharam freely, what happened to forum rules now? i cannot beleive level of biogtry you guys come up with.

rehitnama once an while regarding orgins of kachera, you be suprised- it derived from sri hanuman ji who you subtly try to diss.

Just if kacheera comes from hanuman then what was need to create a new religion. Sikhs can remain a part of Hindu system.

Do you really believe that hanuman thing :D

I was thinking you are intelligent but.

Do you really even know what you are saying. That Kachera comes from hanuman most probably from Dasam granth. right.

See how many problems that Granth has given to us. atleast to my follow sikhs who agree with me and whose self conscious is still alive or have enough Iq to realise sikhi.

There is a lot of confusion. Either i am following a different religion or you are. We both cant be true sikhs at same time. I leave this decision to Akal.

Ocelot you are SOOOOOOO racist!!

and yes there are bani in the Granth sahib ji about Hanuman ji and i can post them too if u like!

U sound so damn INSECURE,

ps : Christians themselves are IDOL worshippers, I mean go to any church adn you will see statues of Jesus, MARY and christians will be BOWING before them!

the largest idol in the world is of Jesus in Rio DE JAneiro , Brazil

Isn'it being racist too to call christians the biggest idol worshippers? In fact it's simply ignorant as most christians do not worship idols or even bow to pictures. Catholics do and maybe some other factions within christianity.

This statement would be like an outsider seeing some "sikhs" worshipping the pictures of our Gurus and saying that all sikhs do that. Although some punjabis do, it's not representative of sikhi.

Is it from Shree Guru Granth sahib or Dasam Granth?

lol bruv if u dont even know that then I suggest please take some time to go through Guru Granth Sahib ji before arguing with everyone over some pic :D

I think

2)Ramayan Mahabharat are fictional books.

Read Bhai Gurdas Ji's Vaars

eg: http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5765

if u dont know who duryodhan is then please please read mahabharat before commenting on it :TH:

Please tell me if Sikhi respects Kaali, hanuman, Lord Ram ,sita, Lord Krishan. if it is true then i need to change a lot. Because i will never accept them as true or worshipable.

you just said "Lord" Krishna.. oopsi :)

the origins of kashera that my vidya guru told me began with Lakhsman , when he was left by Bhagwan Ram Chander to lookafter Sita in the jungle. Bhagwaan Ji told him that as long as he wears kashera he will be safe. a rakhshasni came to Lakshman and tried to swallow him, just as Hanumaaan swallowed the sun. However only the top halfof Lakshmans body went into her mouth. When the kashera would enter her mouth, he wouldnt go in any further, and the demon-ni was forced to push him back out. this way his life was saved.

Now im not saying this is the only story. namastang knows way more than me!!

This is perhaps the most violent active thread...

here's a few things we agree on:

1.) If we believe in our Guru's and SGGS, we are Sikh. I'll go ahead and say that gursikhs are the ones in the full swaroop, and who do paath as prescribed in the SGGS. But even the most moderate sikh should believe in all the Gurus and in the SGGS.

2.) By the above definition, you can't call a person who does that a Hindu. Hindus do not believe in the Gurus and everything in the SGGS, nor do they share the basic philosophy of Sikhism. So by definition, they're Hindu.

3.)Idol worshipping is banned

4.)We should not put any hindu/greek/roman/mayan/aztec god/goddess over Waheguru, and you can see that in the pehli pauri.

5.)Not every Sikh is the same; its just a fact of life

6.)Not every Hindu is the same

Now, if you agree to those above points in general, don't argue them. We all already agree.

I think that most of Hindu mythology is like Greek or Roman mythology. Its an attempt to explain the physical world to an uneducated mind. Also, i think that it is folklore designed to provide moral lessons to the uneducated, who wouldn't otherwise have understood the sanskrit the brahmins did services in.

Images in Christianity sometimes served this very purpose. The stained glass windows that depicted genesis in western european gothic churches are called the "poor man's bible" for this reason. Images reach people who can't read.

Hinduism is a very old religion, and so has an extreme variety of folklore and tradition and philosophy. Sikhism made use of these very prevalent folklores to explain the true message of Gurbani in terms people could understand. People believed in gods/goddesses and in the mahabharat/ramayan and also in the cycle of rebirths and reincarnation and avatars. The SGGS could succeed in its clarity only if it used the prevailing examples and analogies to convey the message that the people didn't realize. For instance, the pouring water to Punjab instead of the sun in order to make people realize that they were merely following ritual. And the constant references to Waheguru as someone beyond description, beyond imagination, and beyond even the grasp of devtas. Waheguru, as defined by Sikhi, is the one true God who everyone tries to reach with their religions. Sikhi also states that Gurbani is the easiest way to God, which is why we follow Gurbani instead of some other devta.

And ocelot, that is the fact of the matter. If you recognize the true message of the SGGS, that is all that matters. If a picture of hanuman evokes in you the thought that even this devta isn't comparable to Waheguru, that is what makes you a Sikh.

And the more brutal, practical answer is: you are simply trying to distinctify Sikhi and Hinduism. The people who matter know that Sikhi is Sikhi, and Hinduism is Hinduism. You shouldn't worry about it, kapiche? Worry about if all Sikhs know what the SGGS says. Worry about that.

When the kashera would enter her mouth, he wouldnt go in any further, and the demon-ni was forced to push him back out. this way his life was saved.

:D @ demon-ni

Wow I never knew she tried to devour him. In fact she tried to devour Sita and Lakshman cut off her nose and ears. As a matter of fact this demon-ni was Saroopankha who was Ravan's sister, and then started the conflict.

Ocelot you are SOOOOOOO racist!!

and yes there are bani in the Granth sahib ji about Hanuman ji and i can post them too if u like!

U sound so damn INSECURE,

ps : Christians themselves are IDOL worshippers, I mean go to any church adn you will see statues of Jesus, MARY and christians will be BOWING before them!

the largest idol in the world is of Jesus in Rio DE JAneiro , Brazil

I don't understand what your still doin on this site rolleyes.gif who cares whos the biggest idol - its all a load of nuffin - u obviously get excited that jesus the main man in the world....ya woo hoo rolleyes.gif

its obvious that Sikhs don't accept idol worshipin so whats the point of this crap

p.s. those that come 2 preach about hindus go 2 the hindu site and not here

the origins of kashera that my vidya guru told me began with Lakhsman , when he was left by Bhagwan Ram Chander to lookafter Sita in the jungle. Bhagwaan Ji told him that as long as he wears kashera he will be safe. a rakhshasni came to Lakshman and tried to swallow him, just as Hanumaaan swallowed the sun. However only the top halfof Lakshmans body went into her mouth. When the kashera would enter her mouth, he wouldnt go in any further, and the demon-ni was forced to push him back out. this way his life was saved.

Now im not saying this is the only story. namastang knows way more than me!!

Do you really believe that.

Anu Nihang pleaase, How can any person standing on earth swallow sun. Have you passed your fifth class?

Sun is swallowed by hanuman :D :) :D :D :@ :wub: :wub:

Do you really even know what you are saying. That Kachera comes from hanuman most probably from Dasam granth. right.

I don't think this is from Dasam Granth at all but from sanatan influence. Sant Gurbachan Singh along with other Sikhs influenced by sanatanism believe in such but this is all manmat. Giani Ditt Singh refuted these points long time ago and recent book Tabay Roas Jageyo also refutes this point. Existence of hanuman cannot even be proven let alone him giving his only kachera to Sikhs and then leaving naked.