Freedom Of Expression

Guest sikh101

I am SkepticSikh, erstwhile poster on these forums. There seems to be some problems regarding not only my account, but my IP address. For the past month I've been seeing that the site remain unchanged, meaning that all the posts stayed precisely the way they were.

I realized that the mods or admins here might have blocked my IP address, so I tried an easily disposable proxy to confirm. And as you can see, this is empirical proof that my guess was true: I was, plain and simple, censored.

Now, I invite anyone to go read my posts and see the reason why I was censored. From my point of view, I stated my views with logical grounding as often as possible, and never used pointedly insulting comments. I argued logical points in every single post, including a few on Khalistan (in which I actually agreed with part of the general consensus).

Admins, you have every right to silence me, since this is your site. But it begs the question, is this really a good sangat when opinions are suppressed for no apparent reason but only because of arbitrary whims? And if the argument is my status as a minor, can a forum claiming to serve the sikh youth shut out the voice of a high school junior?

Whoever reads this, keep in mind that this can easily happen to you. Who cares for your opinion? This entire amounts to nothing but propaganda when the voices of reason are snuffed out. And if that really IS your objective, admins, even though i hope it is not, then I must say you've done a good job. A very good job indeed.

I just checked your account and there is nothing wrong with it. no under moderation and no post restrictions. Maybe you need to clear out your browser cookies or something.

It might be worth raising a ticket,

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?automodule=help

and that way you mods and admin can try to help you out.

They will never block anyone(even from RSS) on IP, i know Balait da sher.

I was telling him for many times to block on IP and not on Username but he never Block anyone, he says Sikhsangat is not to block anyone, max he puts some guy under moderation.

You have not done anything wrong.

I will assure they never Block anyone as you described. It must be wrong with your PC or network.

Just use your account at some other place. Delete all cookies, all temp internet files, who knows?

Because if you are seeing previous posts, it is not IP blocking. IP blocking will not allow you to enter that domain , as firewall drops all packets, you will get screen,

"You are not Authorised to view this site"

So there is something wrong on your end.

I have to say, to the moderators credit, of all Sikh forums I've been too, this one is the most open and most liberally moderated yet. From my experience they allow for a wide range of opinions from the widest spectrum. I doubt they blocked you.