Cut Hairs ?

Raven

Where does it say in SGGS ji whether we should cut our hair or not, can anybody tell me what page please.

thanks

dust of your feet

rom rom har oucharai khin khin har soee ||With each and every hair, they chant the Lord's Name, each and every instant, the Lord.

rom rom raviaa har naam ||The Lord's Name permeates each and every hair of mine

rom rom man than eik baedhan mai prabh dhaekhae bin needh n peeaa ||Each and every hair on my head, and my mind and body, suffer the pains of separation; without seeing my God, I cannot sleep

guramukh rom rom har dhhiaavai ||The Gurmukh meditates on the Lord with every hair of his body

kaes sa(n)g dhaas pag jhaaro eihai manorathh mor ||1||With my hair, I wash the feet of Your slave; this is my life's purpose

rom rom mehi basehi muraar ||and on each and every hair, the Lord abides

romae rom rom romae mai guramukh raam dhhiaaeae raam ||With each and every hair, with each and every hair, as Gurmukh, I meditate on the Lord

I am sure these are enough to suggest that God is in every pore of our being. What we need to do with our hair is now obvious.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does it say in SGGS ji whether we should cut our hair or not, can anybody tell me what page please.

thanks

dust of your feet

rom rom har oucharai khin khin har soee ||With each and every hair, they chant the Lord's Name, each and every instant, the Lord.

rom rom raviaa har naam ||The Lord's Name permeates each and every hair of mine

rom rom man than eik baedhan mai prabh dhaekhae bin needh n peeaa ||Each and every hair on my head, and my mind and body, suffer the pains of separation; without seeing my God, I cannot sleep

guramukh rom rom har dhhiaavai ||The Gurmukh meditates on the Lord with every hair of his body

kaes sa(n)g dhaas pag jhaaro eihai manorathh mor ||1||With my hair, I wash the feet of Your slave; this is my life's purpose

romae rom rom romae mai guramukh raam dhhiaaeae raam ||With each and every hair, with each and every hair, as Gurmukh, I meditate on the Lord

I am sure these are enough to suggest that God is in every pore of our being. What we need to do with our hair is now obvious.

jeh muskal howai at bhaaree har ko naam khin maahay udhaaree

the translation is wrong. Rom Rom means each cell in your body where lord abides. When we meditate with Rom rom, it means our entire body, each and every cell is meditating with us. This is very high spiritual stage, the entire body is filled with naam and this is what guru nanak dev ji maharaj was on about when he said in gurbani "those who meditate on god with BODY and MIND, i am over and over an sacrifice to them".

now fight and defend your beliefs.

truth will stay as the truth.

dust of your feet

Does sikhi has to do something with going to toilet or not?

But sikhi definately has to do something with "keeping kesh".

Sikhi is a way of life: ie: living the life as a Sikh. My post was made with humour in mind - because I found the other post quite the same blush.gif

lol wow is that a lalkara 2 us?

Sri Mukhvaak P: 10

BINA SHASTAR KESANG NARANG BEDH JAANO

GAHE KAAN TAAKO KITTE LAI SIDHANO

EHAI MOR AAGEYA SUN LEHO PYARRE

BINA TEGHH KESANG NA DEEYO DEDAARE

"SGGS" ent a rule book dude. Guru Ji told us to think for ourselves too :lol:

the translation is wrong. Rom Rom means each cell in your body where lord abides. When we meditate with Rom rom, it means our entire body, each and every cell is meditating with us. This is very high spiritual stage, the entire body is filled with naam and this is what guru nanak dev ji maharaj was on about when he said in gurbani "those who meditate on god with BODY and MIND, i am over and over an sacrifice to them".

truth will stay as the truth.

dust of your feet

Bhai ji you've answered your question yourself. Let us presume you are right, and that rom refers to cells. Are hairs not originating from cells? In fact cells are smaller than hairs! If God is in cells, and hairs arise from cells, then what difference does it make? When people say "romaan di beadbi", does that mean we are removing our cells? So rom has to refer to the smallest hairs on the body. Rom is also known as "rongtey" in Hindi and that for sure refers to the smallest hairs on the body.

And by the way, no one is fighting here. I don't know you, and so I don't know if you are keshdhari or not (which is none of my concern by the way). If you don't want to grow your hair, no one is going to force you Bhai ji. Its your life, your choice, and no one on this forum has any right to judge you as only Dharam Raj does that job.

And yes, truth will remain the truth

rom rom mehi basehi muraar

bhul chukk maaf

with regards

I am not saying whether we should cut our hairs or not. I personally keep my hairs myself.

I just wanted to correct the rom rom bit, rom rom is each cell in your body not your hair.

You're right the hair grows from the cell but if we shave we just shave the hair, the actual rom (cell is still there) and this is what causes our hair to re-grow.