High Rich & Skill Sikhs Should Move Back To Punjab (should Not Go Down Without A Fight)

Guest _gupt singh_

Guest _gupt singh_

SSA to ALL,

After reading thorough recent controversies. Deras, suicide of Sikh farmers in Punjab. Young people’s desire to run away abroad. ( which include me too)

One thing is certain. If we Sikhs abroad keep moaning on message boards & Punjab/Akash radio discussion program, our culture , identity will be eclipse in few decades. Young people in Punjab needs role models. Any one who is something, his/her first try to run abroad. As if it is big achievement. Now I am not cynical. I also did my best and able to come to uk on skill visa. In fact present day role models

For young people are to run abroad

I thanks UK for providing me this opportunity , As it helps me in getting financial more edge, than had I keep working in Delhi /Bangalore.

But I guess , it is time to move back to help the people ,who are left back. We should try to be role models I am talking about young Sikhs are high skills & have money.

We should start high tech industry in Punjab( Mohali, Ludhiana etc). People in finance sector too should move back. Get into political system and try make difference

Many people here abroad , who are working in labour class jobs . I can understand. They may not able to move back. They are paying high price on emotional front. Since agriculture is not giving high returns back home, they look for avenues abroad. They may still be living here and try get their children best of education & Sikh values.

But financially & skill sounds minority among us should try to move back I myself thinking seriously of doing this soon. One need not loose immediately the status abroad. Using OCI card etc

we can have dual citizenship and keep living in India.

if the things do not click back home. Okay come back. At least we should give a try. Should not go down without a fight

I hear what your saying. What is strange is how so many of our people have become very "bhukkay (hungry)" when it comes to going abroad.

My family came here a long time ago. If you think it is all roses and luxury, you must be an <banned word filter activated>. The reality is that often we have to work long hours with low pay to get by.

People talk of Khalistan and love for the Panjab but this is all nonsense when the people there are queuing up to leave.

what's sad is that sikhs in punjab need role models on the land where the gurus lived.

the land that produced some of the greatest sardar generals on earth. the place where role models abound.

dalsingh101, its actually good that a lot of people are leaving for abroad. because a lot of them when they come abroad get their first exposure to sikhi. even though they were born on the land of gurus pirs and fakirs, they are mostly ignorant of sikhi. they come to west and the classic line I always hear is, "wow, they neevr tell us that in India"

plus, many of these recent immigrants get a taste for what khalistan really is and realize that khalistanis are in fact not a band of pakistan trained atwaadis out for hindu blood.

there is good in this mass exodus. I'd rather have a bunch of punjabi guys working three jobs and paying bills and earning honest wages rather than sitting in some pind doing crack cocaine chillin with ram rahim :lol:

let them come.

peace.

• 2 weeks later...

Khalistan has to be founded on sikh principles (ie egaliterian rule). Khalistan can be created out of indian punjab alone. Pakistani occupied punjab needs to be azaad from islamic hold so that their is secular Sikh egaliterian rule. After all Sikhism is ment to be a bridge between understandings of hindus and muslims. That buffer zone of Sikh religion and land is naturally where hindu and muslim masses merge.

Missionary work is upmost important for survival of Sikh religion in its own homeland.