Butcher Kps Gill Blames Sikhs

SarabhaPanjab

Punjab cinema blast kills six

Randeep Ramesh in New Delhi

Monday October 15, 2007

Guardian Unlimited

An explosion yesterday ripped through a crowded cinema, killing six people and injuring dozens more in the northern Indian state of Punjab in what police described as a terrorist attack.

Hundreds of people - mainly poor, migrant workers - were crammed into the auditorium in India's industrial capital, Ludhiana, for a late-night screening of Janan Janam Ke Saath (Forever With You), a new Bollywood comedy.

Indian television showed scenes of devastation, with shattered glass spraying the cinema's foyer and bloodstains splattered over the blast area. Two men were killed instantly; another four died in hospital.

Article continues

Besides Islamic militancy, the Punjab was also the scene of a bloody Sikh insurgency, started by militants demanding a separate state, in the 1980s.

Sunday's was the first bombing in seven years, putting the state on high alert, with security tightened at bus and railway stations and around government buildings.

Police sources told Indian channels the attack was most likely to have been the work of Sikh militants, either acting on their own or working with an Islamic group. Only last week, Punjabi police uncovered 500kg of high-intensity explosive.

KPS Gill, a former director of police in the state, told the Indian Express his instinct was that Sikh groups were behind the bomb but that Islamic groups "could not be ruled out since militants groups in Punjab and in Jammu and Kashmir have been in touch in the past".

The blast was the second apparent attack in a week in northern India.

Days earlier, three people died in an explosion at a 12-century Muslim shrine in the neighbouring state of Rajasthan.

No one has claimed responsibility for either attack. Indian newspapers said police had interrogated Indian and Bangladeshi pilgrims over the bombing of the Muslim shrine but had so far made no arrests.

Indian police said the country was preparing for the main Hindu festival season, which begins this week with Dussehra, marking the triumph of good over evil.

About KPS Gill

K.P.S. Gill is infamous for his operations in Punjab where in his post as Punjab Police Chief, he authorised the brutal murders of well known Sikh leaders, caused hundreds of massacres and personally promoted police officers with the biggest records of sikh murders. The indisputable fact that in his reign as Chief hundreds of thousands of Sikhs were brutally murdered speaks for itself. He has been banned by many countries such as Great Britain from entry due to his record of ethnic cleansing

Again Indian Gov attempt to Tarnish Sikhs.

Numerous, credible ex-government officials have previously exposed the how the indian government has attacked its own people to justify a further clampdown on civil rights for Sikhs and to justify additional arrests and torture of prominent members of the Sikh community. With State run media and puppets like KPS Gill to back them, the blame is passed on to so called "Sikh insurgents".

After years of police brutality, in recent months Punjabi sikhs have challanged government funded Dera's and slogans such as "khalistan Zindabad" have been heard in Punjab. Fearing that Sikhs may use this as a platform to demand Human Rights, the Government is now trying to tarnish the Sikh image once again.

I am sure more will follow, and the blame will be passed on to Groups like Babbar Khalsa promptly without any evidence.

This reminds me of a very old joke.

Once there was an international police competition. India was represented by Punjab Police (don't laugh already). Surprisingly Punjab Police got first prize. They were asked how they managed to get it. Here is the Punjabi conversation (for best results).

Punjab Police: PP, Interviewer: I

I: Sir ji, tussi 1st prize kidda jitt leya? Hor kehdi kehdi police dept. aayee si?

PP: pehlaan Japani police aayee, ohna nu puchheya tuhade desh ch jad koi vaardaat hundi aa, tusi kinni jaldi mujrim nu labb lende ho?

I: fer?

PP: oh kende sannu hafta lag janda

I: acha? fer?

PP: fer aayee Ingland di police. Oh kende sannu 3 din lag jande

I: acha ohde baad?

PP: fer Amreeka waale aaye, oh kende sannu te vai 24 ghante lagde.

I: sachee? par tusi ki keha jo tuhanu 1st prize milgi?

PP: asi sachee sachee dasta, ki bhai sannu te har vaardaat hon ton 3 dinn pehlaan pata hunda.

well they cant blame babber khalsa international because they would have all the members would have been busy doing their school homework or busy organising the samagam of the century.

English please! - Maybe you should have spent more time doing your homework, then you wouldn't have so much trouble with the English language. imstupid.gif