Bad choice

S1ngh

Interesting to see some members opinion on this issue....

Let me ask this general question to those who don't think its the big deal.. pls don't mind me asking :) .. Will you be willing to print this up in poster size and put it up in your room where ones sister and other house elders come and go by?

Let me ask this general question to those who don't think its the big deal.. pls don't mind me asking :) .. Will you be willing to print this up in poster size and put it up in your room where ones sister and other house elders come and go by?

You have asked something that has nothing to do with your very first post. It seems your intent while starting this thread was diff. but it changed after certain replies you came across.

1. You made the thread because you didn't like the cartoon character sporting a dastar and talking like that. Would you have made this thread if it was some random person without a dastar?? You really don't have to answer to me, just ask yourself.

2. As far as putting a poster is concerned, let me ask you something.

I see SS as a family. I see this thread as your room. And i see you have put the poster in your room.

Don't you think bibian coming on this forum deserve the same respect as our real/cousin sisters?? If yes thn i blame you for puttin the link on here and making bibian see all this. If NO! thn you may ignore this.

3. Western world is full of this kinda crap. Should we blindfold our sisters whenever we step outta our houses?? Everywhere you see adult entertainment stores, explicit images, tv shows get worse everyday.

4. People can take this cartoon in two ways. One is the way you took it. Other is the way i looked at it.

5. Not all Dastar wearing people are sikhs. This is just a cartoon i have come across images where dastar wearing people are involved in some ugly stuff.

I am sorry if i was rude above.

On a lighter note, the uncle in the cartoon can't do anything in private tongue.gif i mean look at aunty's size. Uncle de kutt hi pau gi je uhne koi panga liya ;)

1. You made the thread because you didn't like the cartoon character sporting a dastar and talking like that. Would you have made this thread if it was some random person without a dastar?? You really don't have to answer to me, just ask yourself.

Nahey veerjee i don't have to think over this but want to share this with sangat. When you wear daastar you have RESPONSIBILITY to act appropriately in your life. The reason i made that thread is because it concerns Sikh saroop in it and it wouldn't make any sense to me to post threads concerning average toons with such message and have no link with sikhi. But if someone ask opinions, then yes i would react strongly against that too.

2. As far as putting a poster is concerned, let me ask you something.

I see SS as a family. I see this thread as your room. And i see you have put the poster in your room. Don't you think bibian coming on this forum deserve the same respect as our real/cousin sisters?? If yes thn i blame you for puttin the link on here and making bibian see all this. If NO! thn you may ignore this.

Why just bibbian? It offensive to Singhs too.. So you do admit that such toons show negativity? This thread is not whether i am right or wrong, its about principles. In cyber life you don't deal with risk as you are hidden and i bet none of us would dare to put that type of picture in our room to face the reality right in front of you.my main point is "Do you support such idea in toons? either religiously or socially"?

4. People can take this cartoon in two ways. One is the way you took it. Other is the way i looked at it.

HAHA don't mind brother.. but it would be really dumb to took it the other way around.. 99% of people will view it negative way around and YOU know that too.

5. Not all Dastar wearing people are sikhs. This is just a cartoon i have come across images where dastar wearing people are involved in some ugly stuff.

Its taken from SikhChic.com .. and we are on topic of a toon made on SIKH with bad choice of indecency. Which dastar wearing people are involved in some ugly stuff?? Please post some details so that we can become aware about what more damaging is going on..

The picture falls far short of a lot of the offensive material that is allowed to be displayed, broadcast and supported on this site.

I know many many ppl who are very liberal and they are against this website as they show its okay to be sikh if you are mona and do this or that..

So you do admit that such toons show negativity? This thread is not whether i am right or wrong, its about principles. In cyber life you don't deal with risk as you are hidden and i bet none of us would dare to put that type of picture in our room to face the reality right in front of you.my main point is "Do you support such idea in toons? either religiously or socially"?

I am not saying you are wrong but i guess i am dumb(the 1% you talked about blush.gif ) because that toon doesn't really matter to me. To be bothered over it would be the last thing on my priority list. Such cartoons are made to send a message with a pinch of humor. Here the real message is that sikhs won't be made to take dastars off in public. If the security officials feel the need to do so they can do that in private. The humor part is, we all know what it is tongue.gif . This is how they are supposed to be. Again thats just my viewpoint.

Its taken from SikhChic.com .. and we are on topic of a toon made on SIKH with bad choice of indecency. Which dastar wearing people are involved in some ugly stuff?? Please post some details so that we can become aware about what more damaging is going on..

I think you should email your concerns to the sikhchic people and tell us what they say. If you strongly feel about it thn am on your side :) .

I was talking about real life people when i said dastar wearing people do ugly stuff but you can find such people on most of the networking sites. I don't think posting the pics here would be a good idea.

• 4 weeks later...

Let me ask this general question to those who don't think its the big deal.. pls don't mind me asking :lol: .. Will you be willing to print this up in poster size and put it up in your room where ones sister and other house elders come and go by?

I totally agree with u veerji on this one like I just went to the website today and by my perspective I think this is not what sikhi is suppose to be and I also thinks this relates to some of the gyanis who have done bad deeds in the past.