A Question Of Granth

rimmel

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. What is the difference between ad granth and dasem granth?

2. Why is ad granth in gurdwara's when dasem granth is not?

3. Is ad granth our guru only? If so what is dasem granth..

1) No difference. But Adi Granth was given Guruship.

2) Some Gurdwaras (Hazur Sahib, Patna Sahib etc) do have Prakash of both.

3) Sri Dasam Granth was compiled by Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

I have been told that ad granth is different from SGGS. SGGS contains bani from 9th guru which was added by the 10th guru himself whilst ad granth has no writings of 9th guru.

If the 10th guru added 9th guru writings to ad granth to make it SGGS then I do not understand why dasem granth was not also added. The only solutions I can think of are that

1. Was ad granth and 9th guru writings added whilst dasem granth was in progress? Ie it was still work in progress and therefore it could not be added..

2. Are the contents of the dasem granth different - ie SGGS focuses on YOUR life and GOD...are the contents of dasem granth the same??

If anyone can help me with this.

adi granth and sggs is the same thing! the granth actually got lost so guru gobind ji narrated it through memory and made it complete :)

dasam granth was compiled by mata sundari who went and got all the scriptures

yes the contents different, it has details of battles, letter to aurangzeb,story about guru jis previous life etc. your main focus should be the sggs though.

but please correct me if im wrong?

ad granth is half of granth sahib, composed by guru arjun dev ji, but was not complete, cause bani's of gur teg bahadur shaib were not yet added to it.

ad granth was taken by dhir mal and guru sahib sent baba deep singh ji with other singhs to get it back, but the dhir mal said if guru sahib is wat people say he is, then why cant he just do it from memory? and the ad granth was not given to the singhs

ad granth and sri guru granth sahib ji the same, guru gobind singh ji recited the entire granth by memory, (i think at sabo ki talwaandi) its the complete banis of all guru sahibs, along with many of other bhagats.

dasem granth are banis of guru Gobind Singh ji, that were written by guru sahib himself.

guru sahib appointed guru granth sahib as guru before he left at hazoor sahib. Thats the same reason granth sahib is in most guruduwara's over dasem granth. but there are guruduwara's that do parkash of dasem granth as well.

yes guru granth sahib is our guru only, but we need to keep respect for dasem granth too, as its filled with bani, 3 of which are composed in the daily 5 banis of nitneem. We still need to treat dasem granth with much much respect,it is written by guru sahib himself. (but was not finished by him, but thats a different topic)

adi granth and sggs is the same thing! the granth actually got lost so guru gobind ji narrated it through memory and made it complete :)

Actually the ad granth (only 1-5 gurus writing) was stolen and the 10th Guru was asking for it to be given back. The people who stole it said if your the guru then why cannot you just write it out from memory. Then the 10th Guru wrote it all out from memory but added 9th Guru's writings in there and from then onwards it was called SGGS.

I believe the granth was stolen before 10th guru was born so if someone can confirm during which guru's time it was stolen...

dasam granth was compiled by mata sundari who went and got all the scriptures

yes the contents different, it has details of battles, letter to aurangzeb,story about guru jis previous life etc. your main focus should be the sggs though.

I didn't know this....did she collate everything once the 10th guru had installed SGGS?

The main question I am trying to ask is why are the two granths not together as one granth.

i think she started collecting it when guru ji passed away? thats if he did pass away lol i get confused on that 1

yea guru sahib had many bani's written, and i think it was mata ji that put them all together, but not sure on that, i will research and find out, but no guru sahib did not pass away, he's here with us today, only if we realize it