A Question Of Granth

rimmel

i no that but how did he leave? people say he got wounded with the arrow others say he rode off on a horse?

I dont know exact story but do know jist of it, i will find out though, anways

fist guru sahib got stabbed while sleeping by that mugal guy, and since guru ji was hurt. he needed rest.

then the sings had arrow that nobody could string and guru ji stringed it, but that opened the stab wound, guru ji was bleeding uncontrollably. and then guru ji knew it was his time to depart, so which he did on his horse.

guru sahib created his chehika himself, and then yes rode off with his horse.

but that does not mean he is gone....

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been told that ad granth is different from SGGS. SGGS contains bani from 9th guru which was added by the 10th guru himself whilst ad granth has no writings of 9th guru.

If the 10th guru added 9th guru writings to ad granth to make it SGGS then I do not understand why dasem granth was not also added. The only solutions I can think of are that

1. Was ad granth and 9th guru writings added whilst dasem granth was in progress? Ie it was still work in progress and therefore it could not be added..

2. Are the contents of the dasem granth different - ie SGGS focuses on YOUR life and GOD...are the contents of dasem granth the same??

If anyone can help me with this.

1. CHAUPAI

It was Bikrami Samvat 1753;

This book was completed on the banks of Sutlej on Sunday, the eighth Sudi of the month of Bhadon.

2. CHAUPAI

According to one;s won intellect, one describes Thee differently;

The limits of Thy creation cannot be known and how the world was fashioned in the beginning?393.

The main question I am trying to ask is why are the two granths not together as one granth.

SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI ONLY GIVES UPDESH AND TALKS ABOUT WAHEGURU ONLY.

ITS ALL ABOUT WAHEGURU ( EK ONKAR) THE WORD FROM IT STARTS.

BUT IN DASAM GRANTH GURU GOBIND SINGH DESCRIBED WHOLE LIFE AND ACTIONS MANY AVTAARS LIKE RAM KRISHAN ETC ... AND MANY MANY OTHER THINGS ALSO TOO MUCH ABOUT WAHEGURU . IN JAAP SAHIB ITS ALL ABOUT WAHEGURU.

HE ALSO ADDED HIS OWN KATHA IN DASAM GRANTH, U MAY HAVE HEARED THE LINES " AB MAIN APNI KATHA BAKHANO "

THATS WHY TO DO NOT ADD THE BAANI WHICH HUGELY DESCRIBE ONLY RAM- KRISHAN AVTARS , GURU SAHIB DDNT ADD THAT IN GURU GRANTH SAHIB AND ALSO THE BAANI MUNDAWANI OF GURU TEG BAHADUR SAHIB JI WAS ADDED IN LAST WHICH MEANS THE BAANI IS SEALED. LIKE MUNDNA SOMETHING. LIKE A MUNDI ( RING ) IS CLOSED.

BUT I CANT SAY WHAT EVER I TOLD IS THE ONLY REASON BECAUSE

qumrI giq imiq qum hI jwnI ]

thumaree gath mith thum hee jaanee ||

You alone know Your state and extent

All of Dasam Bani is Gurbani. It was actually collected together by bhai Mani Singh ji, a bhramgyani and contemporary of the Guru.

All of Dasam Bani should be regarded as the Guru and as equal to the Guru Granth Sahib ji, b/c as Guru granth sahib ji says ''Bani Guru, Guru hai Bani'' - so all Gurbani is the Guru and hence is equal.

in many Gurdwaras in India both dasam granth and Guru granth are prakash. But i don't know if this practice was always done. also, guruship was only formally passed to guru granth sahib ji.

http://www.info-sikh.com/PageG91.html

more info from here.