Itchy Scalp

Guest G.Kaur

Thank you everyone for your replies..

@ Heera Singh/Balait Da Sher, how often should you use 'daee' in your hair?

And do you use shampoo after you've put daee in your hair or just wash the daee out with water? Cos I heard daee stink a lot blink.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone for your replies..

@ Heera Singh/Balait Da Sher, how often should you use 'daee' in your hair?

And do you use shampoo after you've put daee in your hair or just wash the daee out with water? Cos I heard daee stink a lot blink.gif

i don't use daee anymore... i did a few times when i was a kid... buh yeh.. it does stink after... i guess u can use some oils after in ur hair..

G.Kaur, i totally understand your condtion and what you are going through.

it sounds very similar to what i have. it looks like you might have 'seborric dermatisis' which is what i have i think. basicaly most peoeple shed dead skin from their scalp. but people who have excess dandruff they get more dandruff and their scalp sheds more of the dead skin. hence why you get alot of dandruff in a short period of time.

i have also been suffering from hairloss due to the itching that the dandruff causes. ie when i scratch my hair. hairs come out and then they dont grow back becuase the hair folicles have been damaged dues to the scratching of the scalp.

you must not mistake normal dandruff for the condition you have. most people get dandruff. but theres is a condition where you basicaly get loads of it. to the point the scalp has alot of white patches and it itches alot. you could say 'extreeme dandruff'

now i went to the dcotors for the condition and he gave me nizoral. which Initially causes some hair loss but it works.

anway, i was also given some tablets and he gave me some other shampoo to use. but i didnt use them becuase of the side effects.

the condition you have always gets worse in winter so remember to take more care with your hair at this time.

now theres no cure for excess dandruff you can only control it. the best thing ive found to work is use Head and shoulders every day or every other day.

using it every day works for me. i no longer get big clumps od dandruff in my hair and its not itching anymore. and the hairloss has stopped because im not scratching my scalp anymore.

personaly i dont like washing my hair everyday. but head and shouldsers is suitable for everyday use. but i have to wash my hair everyday to remove the andruff and the grease that builds up. i think youll find thats the only way of controling it.

you must wash everyday as it will stop any flair ups of dandruff which cause the itching and the dandruff which ends up in you scrtaching your scalp and the hair loss.

ive done a lot of research about the condition on the net from reliabes sources such as the NHS WEBSITE ECT. if you have any questions let me know.

check this link out. this is the condition which i probably have as it matches all my symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seborrhoeic_dermatitis

so to summarise. do the following.

1) WASH YOU HAIR EVERYDAY OR EVERY ALTERNATE DAY WITH HEAD AND SHOULDERS BUT I WOULD SAY EVERYDAY.

2) DONT DRINK SUGARY FIZZY DRINKS LIKE COKE ECT AS THIS MAKES THE CONDITION WORSE. I KNOW THIS FROM EXPERIENCE.

3) DONT PUT ANY HAIR SPRAYS, GELS IN YOUR HAIR AS THIS WILL MAKE YOUR CONDITION WORSE AND MAKE YOU SCALP ITCH MORE.

4) TRY TO DRINK ALOT OF WATER IE THE RECOMMENDED DAILY AMOUNT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seborrhoeic_dermatitis

@ Big Tera

Thank you for your reply.

I've been using Nizoral (1% and 2%) for month's with no result.

I can't wash my hair with shampoo every single day because I'd be bald in no time. I loose so much hair every time I wash my hair with shampoo.

Ermm I wear a keski so I don't use products like hair sprays, gels etc.

What's the name of the tablets and shampoo that you didn't use because of the side effects?

I'm going to see another dermatologist on Tuesday, but the other doctors told me not to use shampoo's with perfume as it'll irritate my scalp (and head and shoulders contains perfume) so I can't use it.

P.s one of the dermatologists I've seen thinks it all started when I used Garnier shampoo few times last year, as Garnier contains perfume and other chemicals.

@ Big Tera

Thank you for your reply.

I've been using Nizoral (1% and 2%) for month's with no result.

I can't wash my hair with shampoo every single day because I'd be bald in no time. I loose so much hair every time I wash my hair with shampoo.

Ermm I wear a keski so I don't use products like hair sprays, gels etc.

What's the name of the tablets and shampoo that you didn't use because of the side effects?

I'm going to see another dermatologist on Tuesday, but the other doctor's told me not to use shampoo's with perfume as it'll irritate my scalp (and head and shoulders contains perfume) so I can't use it.

P.s one of the dermatologists I've seen thinks it all started when I used Garnier shampoo few times last year, as Garnier contains perfume and other chemicals.

G.Kaur

im not sure about the garnie shampoo causing it. because it would have stopped by now after you stopped using that particular shampoo.

well half the time the dematologist dont know how to treat it themsleves from my experience. depends on the dematogists. but you said you have hair loss which maybe due to something else not associated with the dandruff. but i think in your case it is probably the itchy scalp that is causing the hairloss. i would say its best to get it checked out by a dermatogist. they gave me a blood test to see if they could find anything that was causing my hairloss apart from my itchy scalp. but it turns out that it was due to me scratching my hair all the time that was causing me to lose hair.

it maybe that you have female pattern hairloss?? which runs in the family. i dont mean to shock you but there could be a number of reason for the hairloss.

well the reason you might be losing hair everytime you shampoo is becuase. you may wash your hair every three days? which is to late. by that time the dandruff has increased and become very itchy so when you wash your hair the scalp has already become very dry, and unhealthy so your hair is weak hence it results in hairloss when you wash it at that stage.

thats why i thought you should wash it everyday so your hair/scalp doesnt get into a bad state and when you wash it the hair wont fall out becuase its not weak and full of dandruff.

the above worked for me. however everyone is different and obviousy you have been advised not to use head and shoulders. so its best not use it in that case.

P.s the tablets they gave me had some long name i cant remember it was about 5 years ago and they gave me a lotion but cant remember the name unfortunatly. sorry.