Misconception- Saabat Soorat Dastaar Siraa

curious_man

WJKK WJKF

i was listening to a katha on birha by Sant Singh Maskeen Ji and a point came that the shabad "...saabat sura dastaar sira" was in the context of muslims and not directly for sikhs rehit. As many kathavaachaks give this example that a sikh shld wear turban have kesh becoz of this shabad.

actually... here Guru sahib is telling how a muslim should be...and since Gurbaani is universal, it comes to sikhs also. But, its just the way of saying, nothing wrong, but its not "directly" mention to sikhs rehit as it is generally understood.

this understanding only comes if all the lines of the shabad is read.

I know many of u wud be knowing all this... but since i found this point important so i mentioned.

SHABAD ----> http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=3795

WJKK WJKF

this is true....if we look even at prof sahib singh ji's darpan...we will see it has nothing to do with keski...

the promoters of the keski...MISUSE this line of ilahi gurbani to push their points...which this is wrong..

one site is the akj.org....in their literature section they use this line in the gurmat maryada points of contention article...

i have nothing againt someone promoting keski....just don't misuse gurbani to do so...

i hope our brothers inthe akj will look at this and consider researching that gurbani line in more depth and edit their literature accordingly.

no... not directly!!

dont just follow words. if u just look at the veechars of of all 15 bhagats.. u will find "contradicting" statements".

bhagat Fareed ji did namazaan and reached to God... bhagat Ramanand ..a pure sanatani... he also reached God.

the point is ... LOVE..not veechar

whomesoever reached God will tell his experience , the way he reached to God.

But here what Guru Nanak ji came, "aayi panthi sagal jamati.." , Guru Nanak ji said, whomsoever has the love is accepted, our panth is sagal(with everyone).