[shabad] Galee Asee Changiaan

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Guru Saheb deleted the vichaar I was typing : ) so this is by Bhai Kulpreet Singh, taken from the message board at www.akj.org.

ਮਃ ੧ ॥

ਗਲੀ ਅਸੀ ਚੰਗੀਆ ਆਚਾਰੀ ਬੁਰੀਆਹ ॥

We are good at talking, but our actions are bad.

ਮਨਹੁ ਕੁਸੁਧਾ ਕਾਲੀਆ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਚਿਟਵੀਆਹ ॥

Mentally, we are impure and black, but outwardly, we appear white.

ਰੀਸਾ ਕਰਿਹ ਤਿਨਾੜੀਆ ਜੋ ਸੇਵਹਿ ਦਰੁ ਖੜੀਆਹ ॥

We imitate those who stand and serve at the Lord's Door.

ਨਾਲਿ ਖਸਮੈ ਰਤੀਆ ਮਾਣਹਿ ਸੁਖਿ ਰਲੀਆਹ ॥

They are attuned to the Love of their Husband Lord, and they experience the pleasure of His Love.

ਹੋਦੈ ਤਾਣਿ ਨਿਤਾਣੀਆ ਰਹਹਿ ਨਿਮਾਨਣੀਆਹ ॥

They remain powerless, even while they have power; they remain humble and meek.

ਨਾਨਕ ਜਨਮੁ ਸਕਾਰਥਾ ਜੇ ਤਿਨ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਹ ॥੨॥

O Nanak, our lives become profitable if we associate with them.

I have many personalities, many little me’s in the big, bold, egotistical I. So full of myself that I call myself “we,” and use “our,” and “us.” In reality it is just me, my full-of-my-self-egotistical-maniacal self…

In our conversation, in our presentation, in our appearance we are nice, sweet, and impressive. Our character, however, is otherwise. We talk nicely, we write nicely, we walk nicely, and we are able to make others believe that we are nice. Yet our traits are terrible. We sow the seeds of hate, we create divisions, we create confusion, and we mislead, and we misinform, because we wish to create a perception of being nice and loving and caring. Our character is one of deceit and cleverness and of self centeredness.

In our heart is darkness. We are ignorant when it comes to actual and ultimate Truth that it is indeed Vaheguru jee who is the true judge and the true Kartaa Purakh. Ignoring that Truth, we look down upon those we consider to less holy than us, and we hold in contempt those who are indeed beyond our capacity. Yet, we maintain ourselves as worthy of praise. We are priestly in appearance, and we are wise in words.

We are pretenders. Copycats. We pretend to be like the GurMukhs who serve at the Doorstep of VaheGuru Jee’s Palace. We pretend to sit in Sangat like GurMukhs. We pretend to shut our eyes like the GurMukhs. We pretend to sway to and fro like the GurMukhs. We pretend to sing like them. We pretend to talk like them. We pretend to hold the views of GurMukhs, the view of total and complete submission to Hukam, the view of unselfish love for Guru Saheb, the view of accepting all creation of VaheGuru jee as the image of VaheGuru jee. We pretend to love all. We pretend to be noble.

And we do this so that we will be considered as equal to the GurMukhs, the real ones, who actually do submit, who actually do say what they believe, who actually do live as they say, actually they submit to GurBaanee, say only what GurBaanee says, and do as GurBaanee says; and they are accepted, parvaan, they serve with total, selfless, eternal love at the DoorStep of VaheGuru Jee’s House.

They, the GurMukhs, they are eternally, inseparably immersed in their Divine Lord. They enjoy the bliss of Naam, the happy colors of Naam, they are in total and permanent Anand in the Presence of VaheGuru Jee.

They have it ALL. What can they not do? It is for them that Nirankaar Baanee says, Mayree Jeevan Mayray Daas! All capacity is in their hands, all Kalaa. All of Amrit resides within them. Nothing is amiss from their Being. They are complete as Divinity. Yet, they exist as nothing. They have no pretensions. Like Divinity the Divine GurMukhs seek no credit, no representation, no limelight, no primetime, no special treatment, and no audience. They do as Sangat asks and even then they do so reluctantly, constantly seeking guidance and approval of Sangat that is Guru, that is the image of VaheGuru Jee.

Yes. If I were to find their company, my life’s purpose would be fulfilled… no not just to hang out with them to be counted as one of them or to be respected by association. But their real company, where my Dastaar too is in the image of Guru Saheb, graceful, secure, regal and yet in the dust of the feet of GurMukhs; where my karaa is also the representation of my righteous intentions that guide actual action; where my singing is from the heart with true feelings; where my listening is in submission, not to validate what I already claim to know but to learn to chisel away at the wall of homai and mold my bent-out-of-shape being with Guru Shabad; where my walk is on the path of Guru Shabad Truths; where my talk is only the perspective of GurBaanee; where my food is in thanks to Guru Saheb; where my breaths are in Simran of Guru Saheb; where my heart beats in dedication of Guru Saheb; that would be the real company of GurSikh Saadhu Janns.

Then my life’s purpose would be fulfilled…

776535_small_flower_-_close_up.jpg

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh