Read This...amazing Hw They Write Sikh

fists_of_fury

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to strongly disagree with your points, yet they are valid. Maybe we need to define the meaning of 'questioning Sikhi'. The 'questioning of Sikhi' I am referring to is when one would start saying comments such as: why should I keep my kes? there is no point because Sikhi is on the inside" or "Why should I take Amrit? there is no need, your 'dil' should be 'saaf'.

That is what I would define as questioning Sikhi. However, if your definition of 'questioning Sikhi' would be to analyze and understand the necessity of these actions, then I would agree. I feel it's imperative we follow the teachings of Gurbani but with a true understanding and not be blind worshippers.

I say this sincerely, i cant even contemplate the idea of being muslim --- to belong to an anti-intellectual death cult that has reformed since the time of Abu-Cenna.

The only appeal of islam is for those individuals who do not wish to think for themselves, who find security and comfort in unchanging dogma. Essentially, if one considers the world comprising of masters and slaves; islam is definately a slave religion for the unthinking masses.

Because of this Sikhi's appeal will always be limited and exclusive, because the facts show that the bulk of humanity does not have the courage to think for themselves.

What facility is there currently in Sikhi to answer the questions of non punjabi speaking/Gurmuki reading Uk Sikhs on "why should I keep my kes?" or "Why should I take Amrit? there is no need, your 'dil' should be 'saaf'.

It takes a genuinely inquiring mind to independently seek answers in Sikhi. One of the problems is the death of literature of Sikh; at the University of Leicester there are literally only 9 books on Sikhi cf several shelves full of Buddhism, Judaism, Hinduism etc. The books that are specific to Sikhi don't really cut the mustard.

I hate to generalize but those english books on Sikhi theology that I've read that are written by Sikhs tend to be grammatically poor and academically average; however the tomes by Huw Mcleod et al (i know not a universally admired authored) tend to be more factual and tend less towards hyperbole.

how can a top A Grade student make so many dumb decisions?

spare athought for the parents aswell..they have just witnessed their clever top grade achieving daughter throw away her life and promising career away...it must be hard for them aswell!!

Waheguru Mehar Kari...

how can a top A Grade student make so many dumb decisions?/

I'm not blaming her parents but all of our society.

ADMIN NOTE: Don't use such harsh words on SikhSangat. We consider such words as profanity and you had earlier warning on use of profanity and by-passing forum's banned word filter. So please use clean language.