No Job. Need Advice

Guest Jobless bob

Guest Jobless bob

I been looking for a job for 5 months now and Ive got nothing :) other than tempoary Labour stuff. Im educated to college level (okeyish A'levels) but the problem is I have very little experience and I think people might be put off by my look :nihungsmile: buh tht might be me jus judging that people arent picking me becos of that, I dunno.

Its a problem cos my mum is getting old and now the doctors have told her to rest and stay at home; but she cant unless I find something perminate. Its just me and mum at home and someone got to pay bills.

I been wanting to post on here for time buh my hankar gets in the way <_< so i need some advice singho how do i get myself to become attractive in the eyes on employees with no experience that thy all ask for.

Dhanvaaad!

hey im in exactly the same boat. its so hard to find work. im educated to degree level but nothing. but i think this is the worst time t o apply for jobs (the run up to xmas), so hopefully things should look up after the new year.

im just staying 100% confident in every job/interview i go 4. just do that!

If you have college level education then i suggest you apply for clerical jobs. As a singh i found that labour jobs, supermarket jobs etc the people who are employing dont like their jobs and they tend to be more prejudice when it comes to hiring poeple.

Jobs that require degree level education, there, the employers tend to look for people who can do the job best rather than how they look etc.

So maybe your long term solution is to do part time degree while having a job that pays the rent etc.

Guest _Jobless bob_
Good advice from 'Balait_da_Sher'.

_Jobless bob_ , where do you live?

Thanks for advice Balait_da_Sher Ji... I do hope to complete a degree in the future buh even tht costs alot of money these days and Students Loans only cover so much, espically if you have dependents. I have been focusing on Clerical jobs but they usually ask for atleast 1 year experience. I have got several interviews coming up since posting so lets hope I have some sucess.

Rupinder Ji Im in middle of Leicester and Coventry...can work in both areas but prefer Leicester.

Also it is advisable to let potential employers know that you are willing to take ongoing or further training. These days you can learn on the job i.e. evening college classes Don't sell yourself short! Have you considered any voluntary work? That is also ideal to gain work experience, a reference plus do some seva! <_<

I worked for a year and a half when I left University on costs and expenses alone, no pay. I made it work and stretch. That was what i needed to do in order to get into my particular profession. Not for everybody of course! Generally though, work experience is easily available in the UK today regardless of where you are and only takes a little gumption to find! That being said bob I think from your posts it seems you need a paying job and fast. Surely if you are looking for clerical work you could go for a sales-related job. The pay is not always great and the work might not be your cup of tea, but there are always these jobs available. Marketing call centres and the dreaded double glazing salespersons jobs have a good basic wage plus bonuses for good sales. Why not give those a try even for a little time? I took on a photocopying job after my year and a half of work experience just to pay some bills fast. Did it for 2 months, almost went into a coma from the boredom, but got the work done efficiently and before the 3 months they'd alotted. Decent addition to my CV too <_< Best of luck with your search!

PS I'm making another thread somewhere on this forum for anybody looking for work experience regardless of location or experience. There will be some real benefits and of course the all important reference! Look for the post!

Good advice from 'Balait_da_Sher'.

_Jobless bob_ , where do you live?

Thanks for advice Balait_da_Sher Ji... I do hope to complete a degree in the future buh even tht costs alot of money these days and Students Loans only cover so much, espically if you have dependents. I have been focusing on Clerical jobs but they usually ask for atleast 1 year experience. I have got several interviews coming up since posting so lets hope I have some sucess.

Rupinder Ji Im in middle of Leicester and Coventry...can work in both areas but prefer Leicester.

The best thing is to do some work experience, phone your local crown or magistartes courts, tell them your thinking of studying law, and ask if they would let you get some work experience for a week or 2! they won't say no!

I did this, my first clerical job after uni, i got based on all the work experience i'd done, i was picked from 40 candidates, so it works and the courts look good on your CV because eveyone seems to think you have to be really clever and smart to work there :)

Uni is too expensive now, wait untill you can support yourself, or you will end up 15k in debt and if your going to support the fam this isn't going to help. Hope this helps!

wjkk wjkf