true but sad ..

S1ngh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

That's really interesting how Christianity spread (by making it a national religon).

We will never get that kind of boost because a fundamental tenet of Sikhi is to not force others to follow Sikhi if they don't want to. The Early romans could do that.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

waheguru jee ka khalsa! waheguru jee kee fateh!!

important thing to remember is that the Guru's taught that whatever religion you follow you must follow it to the fullest.

When it comes down to punjabi's, we need to preach sikhi to them...but when it comes to other religions you should encourage them to follow their own religion.

someone was telling me, that Sant Baba Harnaam Singh Jee had darshan of both Jesus Christ and Mohamed, and they both said that the religion they started is not what it is today, and sikhi is the easiest path to God today. (just paraphrasing..correct me if I am wrong)

If you are a christian be the best christian you can be, if u are a muslim be the best muslim you can be etc etc. If you are a sikh be the best sikh you can be AND accept all other religions.

The thing with sikhi is this. You can preach, and you shoudl preach the word of the Guru's, BUT if one is to accept sikhi and become gursikhs IS Guru's Jee's kirpa...that is not in our hands.

We should make an effort to make sikhi what it should be, and educate the mainstream society so that they don't think we are terrorists, so they dont' think that all brown ppl are sikhs...so on and so forth. We need to get rid of the stereotypes and SHOW them (by living the life of a sikh) what Sikhi really is. If we are able to show by example the greatness of sikhi, there is no doubt that more ppl will become gursikhs themselves.

bhul chuck maaf karnaa jee

Sandeep kaur

When it comes down to punjabi's, we need to preach sikhi to them...but when it comes to other religions you should encourage them to follow their own religion.

bhainjee i hope i'm not misinterpreting, but my thoughts are that Sikhi is totally universal, you know what i mean? it is "sanja updesh" to not only four castes of hinduism, but all human beings. it is a religion for any culture. therefore we should preach it to anybody - and there are some punjabis that are muslim - they should be told to be good muslims. just wanted to clarify bhainjee please forgive me if i misunderstood.

Is it not a fact that a staunch Hindu and a frredom fighter of his only style and callibre Mahmana Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya said that if India was to win freedom, at least one member in every Hindu family, must be made a Sikh ?
plzz correct me if i m wrong, but someone told me that Guru Gobind Singh Himself told hindus to raise the eldest son as a Sikh (i could be wrong), and since they stopped doing that, it was almost like a curse for them from then on :T:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Just came back from India and in karol bagh they have signs saying, Each Hindu Family should Make a Sikh thier Mailva and it was by the Akali Dal Party