History Spread More Than Gurbani (philosophy)

sikh_youth_uk

When visiting Gurdwara, Gurbani is recited but not explained. Alot of effort is put in delivering history of Sikhs via Dhadis, speakers, dharmik geet, and at conventions.

While all this is vey good, parting of Gurbani in translation and explanatination in English and Punjabi suffers in fact from what ive scene it’s none existent.

I totally agree with this problem....

as much as history is important.. it is emphasized MORE on rather than the gurbani/gursikhi/rehat aspect ...

Just look at the gurdwara today ... MANY come to the gurdwara for what happened on a particular day (ie.gurpurb, vasaikhi).. there are vast increasing numbers of people that just come to gurdwara for ths reason that they know something important happened on this day ..

As much as this is important its focused on too much these days and i honestly believe its not letting individuals grasp the main msgs of our gurus in the gurdwaras... i was one of these iin the past and still i see this today in gurdwaras..

Eventhough there have been improvements (ie.english translation projectors, speakers, gurmat classes etx..) ..but these improvements i see in main areas with a big population of sikhs.....

We need more english kathavachiks in gurdwaras today ... less political games gng on in the structural aspect and more focused on the future youth.... take out all those old babai that are just there to cause problems..........

In summary in what i said.... we need both but if we need to draw in the crowd that just come to the gurdwara once a year for gurpurbs, vasaikhi.... we need to put in more emphasis on gurbani/translations/englishkathas ... im glad this is been focused on now in some parts of the world ! :)