Sant Harchand Singh Longowal

Azaad

Could someone from the sangat help me with a question I've been wondering about for some time.. Was Sant Harchand Singh Longowal a traitor or martyr?? I know he was Dictator of the Dharam Yudh Morcha and President of Akali Dal at that time..But why did some Singhs kill him??Did Sant Longowal also surrender during Operation Bluestar?? Some Singhs I know regard him as a traitor for betraying Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindranwale..is this true??

Any info and comments will be highly appreciated!!

Bhul Chuk Maaf!!

Could someone from the sangat help me with a question I've been wondering about for some time.. Was Sant Harchand Singh Longowal a traitor or martyr?? I know he was Dictator of the Dharam Yudh Morcha and President of Akali Dal at that time..But why did some Singhs kill him??Did Sant Longowal also surrender during Operation Bluestar?? Some Singhs I know regard him as a traitor for betraying Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindranwale..is this true??

Any info and comments will be highly appreciated!!

Bhul Chuk Maaf!!

He was the biggest traitor of the panth on the one hand he was leading the morcha on the other hand he was also planning the killing of BHINDERAWALE SANT JI, he knew about the army action before hand and used to call sant ji as chambal da sant. He is not alone others fake sants also sided with invaders.That is why he was taken out safely along with tohra.

A lot of our so called spiritual-political leaders were more concerned with their political power and popularity. I believe that Longowal got anxious because he realised that Sant Ji didn't need the support of the Akali Dal to be an influence with the population. It was a power struggle to him.

Longowal at first shared ambitions wiv Bhindranwale but a rift between them was created, and unltimately Longowal refused Bhindranwale to speak from Manji Sahib. The rift was over Gurcharan Singh, the secretary off the akali dal who helped murder sodhi. this was about 3 months b4 bluestar. Bhindranwale putting the panth first never criticised Longowal openly. However Longowal did send feelers to the govt that the Sikhs in Darbar Sahib would never offer resistance if the army invaded.

Personally i dont think that Longowal should have been killed. He was killed becos people thought his accord wiv rajiv in 1985 sold out the movement. again people will have differing views over whether he really did.

also i feel the panth would have been better off if badal and tohra were killed rather than longowal, cos if he was guilty of treason in 84 , so were they.

where this story of him shaving came about from i dont know, and have never heard it. Longowal was a bachelor, and nothing to his name.

Sikh youth uk . . i think you need to do some research first. . . how about listen to sant jees own speeches. the one where sant jee mentions when sodhi was shaheed, and another when sant jee mentions when some singhs came and tried to shoot at him and/or the jatha. Sant jee and longowal were close, however sant jee left him and stopped having any affliation with him before the attack happens. sant jee mentions alot in his speeches.

How is he a traitor he and his party 1st fought the punjabi suba row.

It was also them who came up with Andpur Resuoltion.

Some of you lot live off Propaganada.

and tell us what you live off ji?

you ever heard sant ji speeches?.....i guess not......

listen to the dharam yudh morcha, and listen to ALL OF IT.

then you will see what we lot live off of......