Need A Good Sikh Speaker For Kids

mophlrkb

roop singh charges tho, quite alot too. he is a excellent talker tho. but u may not be looking to pay so jus thought id mention it.

i dont think he will charge i recently remember reading an article on bhai saab he got paid to do talks and stuff in america, but that money i think was too cover costs etc, also it may be his kirat kamai doing full time parchaar.

This is Roop singhs profession so I hope you do not begrudge any payments he may require.

On the Roop Singh link you may have noticed that he is the winner of the Winston Churchill Award. Let me tell you something about this as there may be some young’uns out there this may be relevant to.

If you have a relevant project that involves travel then you can apply to the Winston Churchill Trust and they will award you funds for your travel.

Obviously it is not that easy. Say you applied and said you wanted to go to the Andes, because you like mountains, then you would not get very far. On the other hand if you said that you wanted to go to the Andes because you are interested in the Condor (vulture like bird) and you would like to spend six weeks studying it in its natural habitat where you would photograph it and sketch and paint it, then you may have a chance, or say you were interested in Punjabi folk music and wanted to travel northern India to record, notate and preserve old folk songs. You have to present your case in a professional manner and have to go through a series of interviews but it could be worth it in the end.

Roop Singh applied and said he had chosen a profession where he wanted to propagate Guru Nanak Dev Ji message but in order to do this he needed to visit the historical Sikh sites to get first hand experience of them and that this would aid his work. They awarded him funds and he recorded his travels in literally thousands of photographs he took. So if there are any young people out there in the UK that have a project, then it is worth considering.