Stay Still

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The following sakhi was told by Sant Baba Attar Singh Ji to the sangat:

“One time at Sachkhand Sri Anandpur Sahib Ji as kirtan was going on Sahibzade Baba Ajeet Singh Ji and the singhs under his command were involved in an all out battle with the Hindu Hill Rajas. Thousands of bullets and arrows were flying in every direction.

Many Sikhs were sat down focusing on the holy feet of Dasam Pita, Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj. A few Sikhs however had their focus elsewhere. One such Sikh was a young Singh who quickly stood up as an arrow flew past his face. Guru Sahib noticing this said, “It is the religious duty of every Sikh of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj to keep their focus on the Shahbad even though an arrow may pierce their body they should remain still. If someone dies during kirtan then they are a very blessed soul. A person who allows any part of their body to move when their head is meant to be placed at the feet of the Guru shall not find liberation.”

*No doubt many people will see this sakhi in a light other than the one it is meant to be portrayed in. To those people all I ask you to do is remember that this sakhi is told by none other than Mahapursh Sant Baba Attar Singh Ji a puran Brahmgyani in every respect.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I knw im one of those who never keep my gob shut during kirtan darbaars where theres nothing but a peaceful atmosphere so how i would cope in a "jang" i sure u guys can imagine

Waheguru thank u i learned a very important lesson here

:s

:s

reminds me of a sakhi i heard:

there was once a jogi, everyone used to say'' oooh that jogi is very good, does so much bandagi and doesnt speak at all etc'' then Guru Gobind Singh jee told some singhs to bring the jogi. as the jogi didnt speak, and didnt say anything, Gurujee told the singhs to look after teh jogi for a week, to give him meals 3 times a day, to give him a great room to rest in and basically to look after him, once the jogi was sent with the singhs, Gurujee told another singh that do the complete opposite to what i said.

as the jogi entered the room, it was nothing what he expected.

the singhs left him in that room, and locked it, the jogi.... Venerable cuz he cudnt speak cuz he was soo ''religious'' was shocked to see the room just empty.

th singhs gave him no balnkets, no bed to rest on, and no meals.

the jogi was furious, but as ''couldnt speak'' he didint/ couldnt say anything,

it had been a week, on the 7th day, Gurujee told the singhs to get the jogi.

Gurujee asked the singhs infront of the jogi, that did u treat the jogi with respect? did u give him a cosy room to rest? food?

the singhs replied: ''yess we did,''

the jogi was even more FURIOUS! ohmy.gif cuz he knew that he had none of it!!

as the singhs started telling Gurujee how nicley they treated him the jogi bursted out:

that NOOO.... THEY GAVE ME NO FOOD

NO BED

NOTHING!!!

Gurujee then said '' what happned? u were so religious, fooled ppl that u do bandagi and that you wont speak to anyone all ur life.. what happned?? y speak all of a sudden??

this shows: that the jogi coloured his clothes,( wore fake religious robes) and didnt dye is mind in vahegurus love.

d_oh.gif