Powerful Picture

Azaad

Sorry to burst the bubble guys, but you may need to look a bit deeper into this picture.

This particular one has been flipped around, usually its seen with the cop on the right hand side.

If you look carefully the cop actually has his hand raised. In punajb a hand raised in this manner is 'im going to slap you'.

It could just be incidental of course, but in other pictures it does look as if the cop is about to slap the singh.

At least the singh is still in the face of the copper rather then leaning back to avoid the threat or anything. But its a sad state of affairs that these punjab police think they can raise a hand like that to guru maharajh's singhs.

Sorry if this is a pessimistic view, but it just reminds us of the gulami (slavery) we are under.

Again apologies if i made a mistake.

I would hope that you guys are correct.

However, its unlikely that a nihang would need to ask for directions in a place full of other nihangs (maybe holla mahalla?). The expressions on the faces also dont look as if someone is asking for directions or even to be moved along.

Direct eye to eye contact as in this case looks likely to be agressive.

On top of this we know that people in punjab generally dont think much of the nihangs (sad but true in some areas), add to this the fact that a lot of punjab police are a bunch of twits (to say it nicely). From my own experience in punjab iv seen the police slap people for even bumping into them in the markets. the police there dont give a damn.

the fact that the hand is raised is enough for me. the phrase 'hath chakeya' is as good as a declaration of all out war in punjab!!

chalo lets hope you guys are right, but keep in mind that singhs are not soverign at present.