A General View On This.

Sikh4Life

I visit a forum very frequently(dont wanna post link because that would be advertising).

Anyway, theres a thread called, Show us your workstations, in which one of the "obivious" Sikhs has posted his workstation pictures. Thats fine.

But, he has Guru Nank Dev Ji up on the wall with some woman. Here are the pictures.

dsc00387pn6.jpg

dsc00400su3.jpg.

I myself am a sikh and a fellow sikh advised him that It is looked down upon sikhism. I left him a very good message.

Dont get me wrong, I have posted pictures too, but I have a statue of Guru on my tv and a picture that is sitting infront of my speaker and golden temple that is sitting infront of me speaker.So I see them always.

Anyway, What do you guys think? If this is useless post sorry and Admin or MOD please delete.

But I would just like the Sangat's view on something like this. I think its utter filth.

Cheers.

Gurfatehji,

I fully agree with your thought process.

But on analysing this deeply, I feel that at any given point of time, there are numerous things that go on inside our brains, mind or better still the subconscious mind. Our gestures just give us an insight into our real personality. This person's brain seems too cluttered for him/her to know what he actually is doing or wants!

Putting pictures of the Guruji is not what really matters. We need to carry him in our hearts and souls.. that is where he should be!

Bhul chuk maaf karni ji!

Carin, I do not care, your reply didnt help what I asked.

Anyway, Saahiba thanks for your reply. I know its about carrying him in your heart. But our gestures do show what we are/believe. I mean having a picture of the guru is not a bad thing, but atleast if you have some respect, dont put the picture up with filth.

He said he use to have other pictures on the wall with the guru that were less dress women.

Now we can all guess what it was, although they were closed but still its not respectful. I as a Sikh think its unbelievable stupid.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

this is kintu printu stuff.....

Sorry for being an <banned word filter activated> Babbar Shere, but what does kintu printu mean : )

To each their own. It looks like that beautiful girl, Aaliyah, is deceased anyway, given the years 1979-2001. A real shame. :s

But it's all Guru Saheb's Hukam right?

Carin, I do not care, your reply didnt help what I asked.

Perhaps, but clearly she wouldn't have posted it if she thought it was a waste of time. We should aim to respect other people's opinions on the forum.

He said he use to have other pictures on the wall with the guru that were less dress women.

But he doesn't anymore. Maybe you should explain to him about the proper way to respect Guru Saheb rather than simply telling him that it's 'looked down upon in Sikhi'. We're not all saints, everybody's at different levels of spirituality. Just talk to him about why it's there, who she was and why the poster's important to him. Then you can tell him why it makes you feel uneasy. Where do we draw the line between telling other people what to do and ensuring respect for our Guru? Bear in mind that pictures of Guru Saheb have never really been 'looked up to' in Sikhi - at least not that I know of. Guru Saheb is present 24-7 in that room. And there is a lot of maya-like stuff there in addition to a poster.

These are my personal opinions, sorry if I've offended anybody.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

:s The picture is absolutely disgusting, I have never been so offended in my life, absolutely terrible, there are no words to describe it, and utter filth……..anyone with any sense and any perception will tell you that Spider-Man looks better in Black! tongue.gif

^^^perfect example of what i was talking about....