Bhai Manpreet Singh

JiwanSingh7072

But I havent seen any AKJ kirtani do katha. What does Akhand Kirtan mean? Does it not mean non stop Kirtan? Why does Bhai Manpreet Singh Ji do 'regular style' kirtan ( i mean raagi style) in most Kirtan Diwans except for AKJ Rainsabayees? Why just he cannot do it Jatha Style(I mean where lots of sangat sits besides the Kirtani and recites alongwith & not raagi style where 3-4 Singhs sit on stage and do Kirtan)

I am not criticizing him, he's an awesome Kirtani but just a few queries though!

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fateh

Well said NanoSecond.

Its important we realise this, in jatha we were known for LONG ours of keertan darbars in full bairaag and raas. Rensbhis, Akhand paths and amrit sanchars were all a must in the jatha, and were known for this. Now there isn't much Abhiyaasi Keertanis left in the jatha, becuase people want the pamp waleh keertanis. Who can lift the sangat, but sorry to say only a naam abhiyaas can lift the sangat in to high spirits, THE TRUE KATHA. You see what is katha, katha is keertan, naam etc. It is the direct link between you and the guru, and no third person like a person on stage sharing his own knowledge of what he thinks Gurbani means. Who are we to interfere with the Devotee and Guru Sahib. The Guru is the link to waheguroo, by putting another person in the way will only make things harder will they not?

These Singhs only go to Raggi style, because thats where the money is. Well Ive heard singhs say that we should not sell bani, eg Gutkeh, Guru Granth sahib ji etc. BUT hold up whats the difference when we buy CDs of these keertanis. No difference! Humble benti is not to buy CDs because we are to blame for there pamp, and them turning this way.

Lets do ardaas that we get more Jeevan wale Keertanis, eg Bhai Sahib Jeevan Singh.

Bhai Sahib Jeevan Singh once did keertan on stage and after was offered the money from the sangat. Bhai Sahib went down, got the dust from the ground and put it all over his face. I'm the Gurus Sevak, I only do keertan to please my Guru. Where have these keertanis gone.

Mah Mahraj do kirpa on us!

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fateh