Sharia Law In The Uk Seems "unavoidable"

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heera

Of course you are giving them the benefit of the doubt. You clearly have not studied Shariah Law in an depth whatsoever, and yet you are telling others to exercise caution before commenting on it. If that's not the benefit of YOUR doubt, I don't know what is.

FYI, I have studied Shariah Law in its minutest detail; you are most welcome to come to my house to access the Quran and the Ahadith collection I have on my bookshelf. ***MOD EDITED:***

Now, I have no idea whether or not you support Shariah Law or not; I don't particularly care what you do. What does concern me is this 'let's see the best in Muslims' and let us not 'judge them on what the media says' attitude that is so prevalent in Sikh circles right now.

A casual glance at Islamic jurisprudence, Islamic imperialistic precedent and our own experience of life under the Muslim scimitar should be enough to confirm that Shariah is best consigned to the dustbin of 7th century Arab history.

But, rather than pick up a book and read something, you would rather tell others to do so - without even knowing if they already have or not.

That seems rather dim.

why i posted that is because there is so much stuff that we say/think because of hearsay or internet/media which is not correct a lot of the time (especially when dealing with another faith; especially Islam)..

OK, so you have finally made a semi-useful contribution to this thread. Please give me one, just one, example of 'something in the media' regarding Islam that is 'not correct'. You seem to think it's prevalent, so it shouldn't be hard for you to find.

I look forward to reading your response Heera.

As for those banging on about 'brotherhood, sisterhood etc', get a grip; constructive debate is healthy in any family. And regardless of what I say to people on this forum - and I'm sure this goes for other Sikhs who post here too - we are still one family.

Guest peacemaker
FYI, I have studied Shariah Law in its minutest detail; you are most welcome to come to my house to access the Quran and the Ahadith collection I have on my bookshelf. ***MOD EDITED***

Momma don't like that talk!!! nonono.gif

google? haha... ur funny... no.. i have muslim friends who I've spoken to about this... maybe u DO know more then me, maybe u don't... thats not the point.. maybe when u actually get to realize my point, this thread can move on...

Bless!

Yeah, Muslims are great at telling people the truth about Sharia law rolleyes.gif

A case in point, on Sunday morning there was a programme discussing the Archbishop's article about Sharia Law and there was a Muslim female lawyer who was going on about how the civil rules of Sharia law could easily be accommodated into the British legal system. When put on the spot by a newspaper editor about whether she supported the criminal rules of Sharia law such as stonings and amputations, she first tried to bypass answering the questions by saying 'that's not what we are discussing' and 'you are wasting my time asking me this question' only when the presenter put her on the spot did she say 'no'. So here was a 'practising' Muslim who doesn't believe in the 'divinely' sanctioned punishments of Sharia Law!! Her answer probably had more to do with the fact that if she answered 'yes' all his argument would just have been washed down the pan!

I also look forward to your examples of media misinformation about Islam. They should be easy to find given they are so prevalent as you claim or is that just something your Muslim friends told you and you couldn't be bothered to check the facts?