Art Of War

The Godfather

Howdy all

Basicly jsut wondering what are the rules a sikh should abide by when going into war , jang. Have the Gurus instructed Sikhs on this in anyway? rehatnamas etc.. ?

before going for a war a person should learn the skills of fighting which comes by practising gatka(technique by our gurus)at ur homes.the war is half won when u are determined that u r going to win

no offence to gur shish brother, but gatka is a good martial arts and every sikh should know it.. but in a war its of no use.... besides gatka u should also have knowledge on all type of weapons like pistols, revolvers, etc

I think the most important rules are;

1. We, as Sikhs of the guru, never attack anyone else.. But we defend.

2. We, as Sikhs of the guru, never run from the battlefield.

no offence to gur shish brother, but gatka is a good martial arts and every sikh should know it.. but in a war its of no use.... besides gatka u should also have knowledge on all type of weapons like pistols, revolvers, etc

I think the most important rules are;

1. We, as Sikhs of the guru, never attack anyone else.. But we defend.

2. We, as Sikhs of the guru, never run from the battlefield.

In clsoe rnage combat, gatka might save your life.

but otherwise, learning gatka is of no practical use in the world of firearms.

Howdy all

Basicly jsut wondering what are the rules a sikh should abide by when going into war , jang. Have the Gurus instructed Sikhs on this in anyway? rehatnamas etc.. ?

On a side note read 'the art of war' by sun tzu

We should be "flowing like water going downhill".....i.e. adaptive and non stoppable.

but retaining the PURITY ie KHALIS of water as well

i believe bhai gurdas ji sad sumthin like that

A Sikh is like water, taking on the color of surroundings, yet remaining in the pure form of water

Absolutely but it seems like corruption is never far from the surface with humans. This we all share to a greater or lesser extent. What can we do about that? We should also be like mercury, which changes shape like water but is impervious to what is around it. But alas humans and "khalisness" seem to be very rare indeed. We should at least aim at agreed minimal standards, that is the underlying idea behind the concept of rahit.