Waheyguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheyguru Ji Key Fateh

singh-yo-dha

Jio I need help.....I have been offered a job around Pembroke area > Ontario> Canada. This place is like good two hours drive from Ottawa. Right now I live in Toronto area but soon I will be moving to Pembroke area .I was browsing through stats Canada to see if there are Sikhs around and the results showed 0 number of Sikhs. I just cannot live without sangat and company of people who can teach me about Guru jie's sweet gurbani. Now you know the reason behind "haye mar-gay-yeah" tongue.gif . Well I was wondering may be stats could be wrong since it shows 2001 the year's data . So, I was thinking may be someone from sangat know of or heard of Sikh living in the area. If you do please let me know.

link for stats Canada

http://www12.statcan.ca/english/profil01/C...etails/Page.cfm Lang=E&Geo1=CSD&Code1=3547064&Geo2=PR&Code2=35&Data=Count&SearchText=Pembroke&SearchType=Begins&SearchPR=01&B1=All&Custom=

Yeah vir ji it is a very nice place and very simple people are around there. I did visit Pembroke this weekend regarding apartment hunting....my eyes were searching for Sikhs...but I could not find any ...chalo Guru shahib kirpa karan may be there are some Sikhs desperately trying to find Sangat in Pembroke like me....thanks for replying.

There probably should be at least one family, or the very least a person in that town/city of Sikh descent. You know the old saying of Khalsa, it is everywhere. You know when they were talking about landing on the moon, Sikhs were already laughing at the people saying you would already find Baba Nanak's footsteps on the moon, there is no need to claim to be the first person on the moon. :@thumbs_up.gif

In all seriousness, good luck in finding Sikhs in that city/town, otherwise you can always drive or bus down to Ottawa Valley, and/or cities with Sikh populations.

^Thank you so much boosting my morale up. Hehe yeah Guru Jies Khalsa is everywhere and we can survive on plain Aloos. :)

Now I can understand to some extent how our ancestors mom ,dad, dada and dadi must have felt probably when they first came to Canada. But still I am at lot more advantage then them.

It will be funny If I will ever see any Singh with dastar in that area. I will be chasing them and just to say Fateh and they interpret that I am trying to stalk them :@