Going To India..?

$ingh $oorma

Guest G.Kaur

Woooohoooooooooooo I'm off to Punjab on Sunday :D

Take care everyone and have a nice summer. And for those of you who live in Australia/New Zealand have a nice winter.

Adios amigos!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since the past two days, it has become quite humid around these parts. It was very cool and comfortable till now with regular rains and stuff. It was quite pleasant.

hopefully it will rain again. fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...
Guest G.Kaur
This is a picture of my foot (taken after the first night in punjab)

post-1213-1218486574_thumb.jpg

post-1213-1218486646_thumb.jpg

You feet looks like it is swollen. :o got stung by bee or something?

Yeah at a dhaba in Haryana. There are all kinds of weird animals in India :S

^^Did you go to Tahliayna Sahib and Sri Damdama Sahib the same day? If yes, did you go through Barnala? If yes, you were very close to my house :happy: meri mummy nu mil ke aayi k nai?? :p

ps: Did you go to this house (I forgot the name of the guy) in Damdama Sahib where this family has some stuff belonging to Guru Gobind Singh Ji ? If yes, did you take any pictures ? If yes, post em too. If no, i'll post em on the weekend.

Sadde naal murtaaan sanjhiya karan layi baut baut dhanwaad : )

Guest G.Kaur
^^Did you go to Tahliayna Sahib and Sri Damdama Sahib the same day? If yes, did you go through Barnala? If yes, you were very close to my house :happy: meri mummy nu mil ke aayi k nai?? :p

ps: Did you go to this house (I forgot the name of the guy) in Damdama Sahib where this family has some stuff belonging to Guru Gobind Singh Ji ? If yes, did you take any pictures ? If yes, post em too. If no, i'll post em on the weekend.

Sadde naal murtaaan sanjhiya karan layi baut baut dhanwaad : )

Hanjee it was on the same day. I'm not sure if we went through Barnala, all I know is that we picked up my cousin's husband and her mother-in-law in Jagraon and then we went through Mullanpur and Raikot on our way to Malwe. It took us 6 hours to get to Damdama Sahib.

And no I didn't go to that house, but I'm looking forward to see your pictures of Guru Gobind Singh Jee's belongings.

Talwandi Sabbo is hardly 35 km. from Bathinda city where Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji examined the loyalty of Bhai Dalla. The holly book Guru Granth Sahib Ji was written at this place by Bhai Manni Singh Ji. Guru Ji take Dam (rest) for 9 months 9 days and 9 hours. Guru Ji also blessed this town with education by calling it Guru Ki Kashi. The Punjabi University has now setup a Regional center for M.B.A. and other postgraduate studies. The Old antiques like Gun, Stamp, Sword, a Portrait, a Magic Mirror and blood strained dress of Guru Ji remind the last battle fought by them. Matchbox size Guru Granth Sahib and much more has been kept in Gurudwara and in Bhai Dalla's House.

Literally, Damdama means a place to have a break and rest. It is located at village Talwandi Sabo, 28 km southeast of Bathinda. Guru Gobind Singh stayed here after fighting battles against Mughal atrocities. Before his arrival at Talwandi, two of the Guru's sons were bricked alive at Sarhind and two laid down their lives at Chamkaur Sahib. After writing Zafarnama, Guru Gobind Singh fought a successful battle at Muktsar and then moved towards Talwandi Sabo Ki.

This Takhat was officially recognized as the fifth Takhat on Novemver 18, 1966. On demand from the Sikhs, a sub-committee was appointed by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee, Amritsar by a General Meeting Resolution No: 789 on July 30, 1960. A report of the sub-committee containing 183 pages was received to declare Damdama Sahib, Guru Ki Kashi as the fifth Takhat of the Sikhs. Kashi means a holiest of shrines and a learning centre. A general body meeting of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee Amritsar approved the recommendations through resolution number 32 on November 18, 1966. It has been declared as fifth Takhat by the government of India in April 1999 during tercentennial celebrations of the advent of Khalsa.

I'll post the pics soon. Just been too busy with work.