Would His Family Be Ashamed?

muttley

Guest Guest

take this through the law and make him pay child maintenance this way they can trace him as well. It must be difficult raising 2 children on your own with a 3rd on his/her way. You should not let this go, it's about time men realise that actions have consequences! :)

check out the Child Support Act

here is an extract from there

Child support maintenance

(1) A person who is, in relation to any qualifying child or any qualifying children, either the person with care or the absent parent may apply to the Secretary of State for a maintenance assessment to be made under this Act with respect to that child, or any of those children.

(2) Where a maintenance assessment has been made in response to an application under this section the Secretary of State may, if the person with care or absent parent with respect to whom the assessment was made applies to him under this subsection, arrange for—

(a) the collection of the child support maintenance payable in accordance with the assessment;

(b) the enforcement of the obligation to pay child support maintenance in accordance with the assessment.

(3) Where an application under subsection (2) for the enforcement of the obligation mentioned in subsection (2)(b) authorises the Secretary of State to take steps to enforce that obligation whenever he considers it necessary to do so, the Secretary of State may act accordingly.

(4) A person who applies to the Secretary of State under this section shall, so far as that person reasonably can, comply with such regulations as may be made by the Secretary of State with a view to the Secretary of State or the child support officer being provided with the information which is required to enable—

(a) the absent parent to be traced (where that is necessary);

(b) the amount of child support maintenance payable by the absent parent to be assessed; and

© that amount to be recovered from the absent parent.

(5) Any person who has applied to the Secretary of State under this section may at any time request him to cease acting under this section.

(6) It shall be the duty of the Secretary of State to comply with any request made under subsection (5) (but subject to any regulations made under subsection (8)).

(7) The obligation to provide information which is imposed by subsection (4)—

(a) shall not apply in such circumstances as may be prescribed; and

(b) may, in such circumstances as may be prescribed, be waived by the Secretary of State.

(8) The Secretary of State may by regulations make such incidental, supplemental or transitional provision as he thinks appropriate with respect to cases in which he is requested to cease to act under this section.

(9) No application may be made under this section if there is in force with respect to the person with care and absent parent in question a maintenance assessment made in response to an application under section 6.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree hes got to pay childs support its at the least his legal duty, but looking at the info im sure he will pay childs support but try his best to keep it schtum. its up to you at the end of the day if you want to use his address and get to him, but its obvious to everyone on this forum your going to be a great mom so do you really want this coward in your life. all the best for the pregnancy!

My advice, talk to him, get him to pay child suppport. Write down everything, so you have a record in case he flakes out in the future. IF he disagrees, take it to the courts. But talk to him first, b/c you may be able to avoid the stress and hassle of the courts.

i phoned him today at his workplace and he says he will call me back later as his family now know about the baby. Is this just another lie? so I dont go writing to them

I dont think he deserves to be part of my babys life after what hes done and why the change of tune all of a sudden?

The lies he has told me are "meaningless" he said , but they just prove to me that he is nothing but a liar and cannot be trusted. If he can walk out on me like he did, he isnt going to be in babys life to just walk out of it again whenever he chooses.

btw everybody......... its a baby girl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will let u know his excuses .............