Real Picture of Mah Ranjit Singh Hari Singh Nalwa

chamkila

i also heard it's a fake picture.. it showed up in victoria(BC) punjabi newspaper couple of years ago..... BUT it also can be real pix.. since camera was invented in and around 18th century.. :@

i doubt Russian soldiers had full beards and held kirpans

I believe those are not russians.. They are british officers.. (governer general or something).. Russians didn't show any interest until Dalip Singh (Son of Ranjit Singh) went to them to declare civil war with british in india. :@

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry folks, this is neither Ranjit Singh nor Hari Singh Nalwa . . . nor are they Russians. This is a pic of Sher Ali the Gov of Sind meeting with Lord Minto in Amballa in 1869. Its from a well known set of photgraphs taken that day.

This picture was concocted to be Ranjit Singh and Nalwa by CS Chan in the UK about 8-9 years ago. But it is of course nothing of the sort. Photography wasnt even invented in 1831!!

Amandeep

• 4 weeks later...

NO WAY !!!! I KNEW this was not a new pic when i seen it first... first of all Hari SINGH NALWA ji was my hero from childhood im sorry .. i read soo many stories about him.. that does not look like him. And second how veerji pointed out about the cameras ... that was obvious...

whoever did dis... did it for da moneyor fame... its obvious ... :umm: