Seeker In Mississauga Needs Help

mskcan

Hello all,

My name is Mr X and I am an 18 year old student of Indian religion at the University of Toronto. Though Hinduism is the focus of my studies, I am personally very interested in Sikhism. I was wondering if anybody would like to meet me at the Dixie Gurdwara in order to show me around. I admit that I am somewhat shy to enter on my own. I am familiar with the basic teachings of Sikhism, but I have never been to a Gurdwara before.

I am also wondering if anybody would be willing to teach me Punjabi (we can discuss payment privately). I studied it through a weekend language program last year, but the class was geared towards native speakers who needed to learn reading and writing. I know Gurmukhi (though I am a bit rusty), but I cannot speak Punjabi at all. I have no knowledge of grammar nor vocabulary.

I look forward to responses! Thanks,

--Mr X

--------------------------------------------------

I am posting this for a certain individual. if someone is willing to help pplease respond to me and I will forward your address to them.

Actually veerai its not USA its Canada tongue.gif

I would suggest contacting someone from ontariosikhs.com .. either post on the forum or by email at contact@ontariosikhs.com and im sure someone will be glad to help out!

Or check this out: http://www.ontariosikhs.com/index.php?opti...&Itemid=116

Haha, okay you got me, I was always bunking geography lessons imstupid.gif

Lol thanks paji. Anyway you know you Am-rickans & people from Kun-aydah are the same to us Inglandies

You have a good day now you hear :)

Actually veerai its not USA its Canada tongue.gif

I would suggest contacting someone from ontariosikhs.com .. either post on the forum or by email at contact@ontariosikhs.com and im sure someone will be glad to help out!

Or check this out: http://www.ontariosikhs.com/index.php?opti...&Itemid=116

Haha, okay you got me, I was always bunking geography lessons imstupid.gif

Lol thanks paji. Anyway you know you Am-rickans & people from Kun-aydah are the same to us Inglandies

You have a good day now you hear :)

I am so confused grin.gif

having experienced ther country for 3 mnths now... i've come to the conclusion that English ppl can't distinguish between Americans and Canadians.. they just think we're the 51st state... disappointing but w/e v2.gif

Can't really blame them when something like 75% of your population lives on the border between us tongue.gif

having experienced ther country for 3 mnths now... i've come to the conclusion that English ppl can't distinguish between Americans and Canadians.. they just think we're the 51st state... disappointing but w/e v2.gif

Paj take it easy on yourself, too much negative thinking might give you an alcer. I was just having a little joke with my brother. + little advice put your guns away cos the met police in the uk have a tendancy to nick gangstas and then your stay in Ingland will end up bein longer than you had planned :homer

"Sarbat Da Bhallaa" UK, US, Canada &/or any other Country for that matter united.gif

Gurfateh everyone,

THis person is now being helped, they will be getting a ride to the Gurdwara.

I am a Canadian currently in UK.

I vouch for Canada being more desi.

But regardless the Khalsa will Rise in the West. Anywhere West of India that is.

Regards