Looking For Sangat

Guest uk bibi

Guest uk bibi

Gurfateh ji. I dont know how to say this without feeling incredibily silly but I am just going to have to accept that feeling. Basically I am hoping to make friends with people around my age and from the uk. Since I have got into sikhi i have met sangat but they are all younger than me n sometimes its hard for them to understand issues that would not affect them at this time. I'm 26 and live in the uk, I'm not married yet. My interests are going to the gym and listening to kirtan. If anyone wants to chat to me just drop me a pm.

Guest uk bibi
I would reccomend going to Sikh events in your local area.

Hi I already go to 4 different gurdwara's in and around my town. I go to the Kirtan's and also Khalsa college every Saturday, but like I said all except one of them are younger than me. I go to the gurdwara whenever I can, although during the evenings, there isnt much sangat unless something is going on. I find that most amritdhari bibia know each other and they dont talk to people outside of their circle of family or friends. Occasionally a baba ji will say fateh which is really nice because it makes you so much happier and it sticks in my mind. I just wish that more sangat would greet each other, it's amazing how it can just cheer someone up for the rest of the day or beyond.

I would reccomend going to Sikh events in your local area.

Hi I already go to 4 different gurdwara's in and around my town. I go to the Kirtan's and also Khalsa college every Saturday, but like I said all except one of them are younger than me. I go to the gurdwara whenever I can, although during the evenings, there isnt much sangat unless something is going on. I find that most amritdhari bibia know each other and they dont talk to people outside of their circle of family or friends. Occasionally a baba ji will say fateh which is really nice because it makes you so much happier and it sticks in my mind. I just wish that more sangat would greet each other, it's amazing how it can just cheer someone up for the rest of the day or beyond.

I completely understand as we are in the same/similar situation in Leeds Uk. Having come from Canada we have had much difficultly finding any sangat in this area, although there is a much smaller sangat here of course.

I believe the internet acts as a forum to get into contact with people for a variety of reasons. It is inspiring the youth, and it is connecting-linking-bringing together many voices, faces behind the screens and spirits from around the global village.

The thing is there are definitely people out there. Out of a strange coincidence in Goa, a relative of mine bumped into a couple from Leeds. In fact the guy worked right in front of where I live! It is just a matter of being patient, continuing to make the effort, and being confident that the right situations and the right people will show up in life.

All the best

Gurfateh

Guest peacemaker
I believe the internet acts as a forum to get into contact with people for a variety of reasons. It is inspiring the youth, and it is connecting-linking-bringing together many voices, faces behind the screens and spirits from around the global village.

Can you do sangat with someone behind the computer screen or do you feel you have to meet them face to face?

Guest uk bibi
Gurfateh ji.

Thanks for all your pm's, please keep them coming. I would really like to hear from people who are older than me too.

u haven't replied to my PM yet...

I have now sorry. Hope you have a nice day.