Bhangra And Sikhism

njjassa

Bhangra vs Sikhism  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Would you justify bhangra being a part of sikhism?

• I do
    • I totally disagree
    • No comments

bhangra name is derived from bhang ... its the dance which lord shiva use to do after drinking bhang ... jatt race being came into existence from lord shiva ... thats why it was their dance ...

i m not saying this ... thats what punjabi culture says !!!

I ve to agree with that.... statistically not only "jatts" are the biggest majority in sikhs but also they have found to be involved amongst most notorious things prohibited in sikhism... I guess they justify their actions on basis of their number in sikh population and in some or the other way they think themselves part of "popular culture"......... and this fact has nothing to do with being racist because its what we all see on daily basis and most above of all its against the concept of sikhism .......

bhangra name is derived from bhang ... its the dance which lord shiva use to do after drinking bhang ... jatt race being came into existence from lord shiva ... thats why it was their dance ...

i m not saying this ... thats what punjabi culture says !!!

myry mohn sRvnI ieh n sunwey ] swkq gIq nwd Duin gwvq bolq bol Ajwey ]1] rhwau ]

maerae mohan sravanee eih n sunaaeae || saakath geeth naadh dhhun gaavath bolath bol ajaaeae ||1|| rehaao ||

O my fascinating Lord, may I never listen to the faithless cynic, singing his songs and tunes, and chanting his useless words. ||1||Pause||

Guest peacemaker
I ve to agree with that.... statistically not only "jatts" are the biggest majority in sikhs but also they have found to be involved amongst most notorious things prohibited in sikhism

Oh, please!! :rolleyes: You're from New Jersey and I grew up there. Don't embarrass the Garden State with such baseless comments, bro. If you ever want to talk in person, like at Bridgewater Gurdwara, a place full of "Jatts", just let me know!

By the way, you would never make a comment like that infront of "Jatts" in person, am I right? Yeah, you've offended me greatly with your stupid racist remark. People like you are a waste of time because when it comes to having discussions in person, you won't admit these types of things. It's easy to hide on the internet, isn't that, right, "njjassa", or whoever you are. Enjoy your comfortable cyberspot!

I ve to agree with that.... statistically not only "jatts" are the biggest majority in sikhs but also they have found to be involved amongst most notorious things prohibited in sikhism

Oh, please!! :rolleyes: You're from New Jersey and I grew up there. Don't embarrass the Garden State with such baseless comments, bro. If you ever want to talk in person, like at Bridgewater Gurdwara, a place full of "Jatts", just let me know!

By the way, you would never make a comment like that infront of "Jatts" in person, am I right? Yeah, you've offended me greatly with your stupid racist remark. People like you are a waste of time because when it comes to having discussions in person, you won't admit these types of things. It's easy to hide on the internet, isn't that, right, "njjassa", or whoever you are. Enjoy your comfortable cyberspot!

ok.... i agree tht i was being sort of a racist but does it have anything to do with where am i from or anything like that... i think not....

my point is that jatts are the majority class in sikhs and their representation of sikhs in the world means a lot to all other non-jatt sikhs in the world...i hope u wud agree on that......but i still apologize for being unfair and biased in my approach....didn mean in any way to offend anyone...... just concerned about what i ve witnessed and the type of experience that i had so far ......

Your apology has been accepted by the Garden State Sikh Association. Thank you! :)

THANK YOU!! for makin me realize of being unfair in my approach

But wicked do you think that if we were to represent ourselves in front of a non sikh person who might have done a comprehensive amount of study in guru granth sahib and tell him if theres any relation between the two?