Getting Rid Of...

Guest roti man

Guest well heallow
oh fab thread. I am a girl. I wanna lose weight too! Like I wanna get a 4pack. Not a 6 pack cos thats too much and I think only guys shud have 6packs!

I want a girly one. So what do I do? I got a Gym, a Park and everything nearby. Normally I go gym and do running machine for 30mins at 8miles per hour. Then I do rowing for 15 mins at 30-40 miles per hour and then I do 15 mins weights. I do the twist weights. Basically you kneel on a chair with weights on the side and then you use the side of ure bum and ALL TORSO MUSCLES to twist and push the weights on the side. In total RUNNING, ROWING AND WEIGHTS makes up only a 45 mins workout.

I haven't gone in ages though. How often should I go - everyday? What should I eat? Also the Gym has more machines I never use... so any other machine I shud be using let me know! Also it has a personal trainer too but seriously I don't wanna spend money on one of those cos they are out of my budget....and oh they have a swimming pool, squash courts but I dunno how beneficial that is..I guess I am after something concise!

Also whats the best time to exercise. I used to go gym at 9pm (it was empty which was gd cos I liked having it all to myself!) and then I wud come home and sleep at 10pm. Looking back on it - surely excersing just before I slept was bad? Also is 6am in the morning an okay time to workout since ure on an empty stomach eg. do japji sahib at 6am in the morning whist running in the park. Is it okay to run and not eat? Or does that slow metabolism down.

Like I know u shudn't have something heavy before exercising....I know this cos once I ate gobbi, dhai and patorey before going gym. I started running and had to stop cos the food was like refluxing back on my throat.. In all fairness I thort I was gonna vomit!

Oh another thing any good workouts to make you grow and add some height to ureself? I think exercise programmes are tailored to body shape right. So yeah if someone wants to write me a workout programme that wud be fab. Tailor it to my body shape and lifestyle. Starting off with my body shape - its hourglass. I like it so I don't want that changed apart from one thing which bugs me. Basically when I go shopping I have to buy trousers one size down and a top one size up. Its always been like this....legs slimmer than top. Its just that most ppl on planet buy same size top and trousers and I am the odd one....but yeah I don't want to lose hourglass shape so don't tell me how to make my top slimmer if it messes that up...and don't tell me how to get fat legs....

Also I am one stone overweight at moment. Deffo not fat but more like Chubby....or as my mum says you can tell your from a well off family cos I according to her I look like a healthy happy person....ie I am not all bones. But I do wanna have muscle giving me the chubby look. Dunno how to explain this cos its sounding odd now. Its like how u see the rugby boys and they are not fat but they are chubby but then u know that chubby is muscle. So I am like the girly version of that which is cool but I basically need to kinda change it all to muscle without losing body shape. So I don't come up with a programme tht makes me bony and lose weight. I actually hate bony girls!

Finally tailor the plan to my schedule. I have basically stress and no stress periods. I am stressed for 3 months where I do no exercise. And no stress for 3 months where I can exercise everyday, any time. The remaining 6 months various between the two extremes. :) So yeh I babbled on but tell me what type of stuff from what exercise, what time to exercise, what to eat etc...

you cant spot remove fat from particular areas (like you said legs), your body shape is determined by your genetics and you are pretty much stuck with that, as well as how easily you put on fat/muscle. If you are looking to lose fat quickly the best thing to do is HIIT or high intensity interval training, this is where you do short bursts of very intensive exercise followed by easier parts, eg on the treadmill - 2 minute slow warm up, fast-as-you-can sprint for 1 minute, powerwalk for 2 minutes, then sprint & powerwalk again etc etc, cycle this for 20-25 minutes and you should be "nearly to the point of throwing up" - tired, this is the best way to burn fat and keep your metabolism raised for the whole day (meaning even when you are resting during the day you will burn fat), you can do HIIT 4 times a week and whatever type of gentle cardio you want for the other days if you are looking to loose weight quickly.

doesnt make a major difference whether you train first thing in the morning or in the evening, you need to have eaten something light and energy rich beforehand (NEVER on an empty stomach first thing in the morning), parothey are a no-no, so is too many sabji, stick to simple daal and roti cooked with olive oil if you have to fry a turka, as said in my original post, avoid saturated fats, sugar and simple carbs in general, especially not just before you go to bed, 4 or 5 small meals during the day is best

if you want to start a weights routine to maintain/increase muscle mass and increase metabolism, search "starting strength" on google, it doesnt involve machines just 3 or 4 lifts with a barbell

and there are no workouts to make you taller

Guest Guest

None of u read my post properly. No where did I say I wanted to lose fat legs...my legs are not fat. They are actually skinner than my top. Basically when ppl buy something like pajyma's for night sleeping in a pack then I have to get Medium top and Small Trousers cos my top is bigger than the legs. Also I wud never 'spot' train cos that makes u funny shaped ie weight keeps on trying to re-distribute but u keep exercising one part and then when u stop going gym u get a funny body. So basically ure messed up for a very long time. Also - I do warm up ---- I didn't think I needed to say it!

You go on machine and walk, then u keep putting the speed up until ure max speed. then u maintain max speed and when u think u cannot do enuf u put ure speed back down till u can walk. NO WAY do U press the emergency stop button...u always warm up and warm down.....doesn't matter what machine it is....same with rowing...you start on low resistance and put up to high resistance, maintain max speed and then slow down..same with weights..you start on low weights....go to heavy weights and maintain heavy weights and then back down to low.....no way do u pick up the heaviest weight first! Basic knowledge man. No offence but being guys I thort u cud enlighten me. I'm beginning to think I know more than u!

Food - protein shakes are the best. At one point I used to live off them until i decided it was expensive habit and there were more natural ways to consume protein. Also drink drink hydration water as it replaces natural salt which u lose from ure body whilst exercising. This water is best exercise water as it keeps u going for longer. I stick to the Lucozade water brand.

Now day to day meals -I personally eat whenever and whatever. I have only one rule and that is it has to be veggie and in season ie its not natural to find saag growing in the middle of winter. So i never have saag in winter. Its like how u never get mango's growing in winter therefore I don't eat mango's in winter. Also common sense of avoiding all junk food, fizzy drinks. My other tips are to eat fruit bowels more than sabji....and finally drink freshly squeesed lemon as it cleans out ure intestine.....its actually recognised as a natural DETOX. To be fair I concentrate more on exercising rather than what I eat. I'm veggie so I am hardly going to go wrong!

Erm what else....LOW INTENSITY excercise is best to loose weight aka fat. At HIGH intensity fat metabolism does not happen as it goes into anaerobic metabolism. Basically during high intensity u cannot use fat storages cos body not have time to go the fat store and convert it- instead when the body is in high intensity it need something quick so rather than changing fat it just makes do with whats in the blood. Thats why jogging is best to get rid of fat weight as its low-moderate intensity!!

u lot shud try to understand physiology of metabolism. Internet loosing weight/ exercise muslce sites are cr*p as most info is wrong. They don't know their stuff. Here is what u need to read. http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/pe/exs514web/Exmetab.htm It explains it all and how u can use it to ure advantage. To the guy starting this thread u shud stick to low-moderate exercise to lose weight and high intensity to get muscle bulky!! U shud start off losing weight so do lots of running until u in moderate chubby phase and then work the machines to accentuate the chubbiness into muscles and sorry to hijack ure thread. I thort these ppl might know something more than me but they dishing out the worst advice I seen.

Also I got one of the gym men to show me cardio workout on treadmill...it was the biggest bullsh*t of a workout I have come across. I wud never recommend cardio to anyone. Its like some posh name but it doesn't do anything amazing.

Anyways Fuel stuff taken form the link I gave u.

Exercise Intensity and Fuel Selectiond

n Low-intensity exercise (<30% VO2max)

n Fats are primary fuel

n High-intensity exercise (>70% VO2max)

n CHO are primary fuel

Finally I agree the torso machine is kinda un-natural....but what other ways are there to work the abdominal muslces? So far Rotatory Torso machine has been my favourite as it is precise and my tummy feels proper toned afterwards. I don't think I have come across a better machine. Read about the rotatory torso here. Best machine I reckon. http://www.gymequipments.org/rotary-torso-machine-2/

Guest Guest

high intensity interval training is the best way to burn fat regardless of if there is increased anaerobic respiration during exercise, because the resting metabolic rate increases for the entire day after your HIIT session, this is has been proven by various clinical studies

there is no need for much direct ab work since getting defined rectus abdominus/obliques is mainly based on getting bodyfat to round about 10%, for hypertrophy you could try weighted sit ups but again there will be minimal gains since women have low testosterone levels

Working out and muscle bulding is good,as it increases your metabolism. It will natrually drain your calories since muscles demand more energy than fat.

I'm not really sure about the low-intense (30 of VOmax) exersize, like walking, would give you the same effect as approx 60% of VO2 max would. Even if you work out high-intense and predominently burn carbs, it will even out during the time we're sleeping, just like excess carbs will eventually turn into fat, even if we've been using fat as energy source while working out.

Summary: Eat well. No junk food (once a week MAX.) Go out and move your body :)

If you can, use some weights to build muscles since muscles will help you get rid of more carbs/glucose (hence less carbs -> fat conversion.)

Guest Guest

To the original poster: sorry for hijacking your thread but I feel the need to address some things this bibi has said.

No offence but being guys I thort u cud enlighten me. I'm beginning to think I know more than u!
I thort these ppl might know something more than me but they dishing out the worst advice I seen.

Calm the attitude if you want help :rolleyes:

To be fair I concentrate more on exercising rather than what I eat. I'm veggie so I am hardly going to go wrong!
Yeah, I been a veggie all my life but I was about 25 pounds overweight last year. Being a veggie doesn't guarantee anything.
LOW INTENSITY excercise is best to loose weight aka fat.
Actually, diet is BY FAR the best thing to loose weight.
Also I got one of the gym men to show me cardio workout on treadmill...it was the biggest bullsh*t of a workout I have come across. I wud never recommend cardio to anyone. Its like some posh name but it doesn't do anything amazing.
What?!?!?! cardio is absolutely essential to any workout program. I don't know who you talked to, but it seems the guy didn't know what he was doing. Btw, running is considered cardio too

As I said before,

- warm up for about 5 mins

1. run at 85% to 90% of your max speed for 30 secs to 60 secs

2. jog at 40% to 50% of your max speed for 2 mins

3. walk until you can catch your breath just enough so that you can talk comfortably

Steps 1 to 3 makes up 1 set. You can do anywhere from 2 to 5 sets of this, depending on your physical condition. But I wouldn't recommend doing that more than 3 times/week.

Finally I agree the torso machine is kinda un-natural....but what other ways are there to work the abdominal muslces? So far Rotatory Torso machine has been my favourite as it is precise and my tummy feels proper toned afterwards. I don't think I have come across a better machine. Read about the rotatory torso here. Best machine I reckon. http://www.gymequipments.org/rotary-torso-machine-2/
Your tummy may feel toned etc, but it doesn't mean it's good for you. For core training (abs, obliques, lower back) any exercise that involves balancing, is the best. The Plank exercise is very popular, it seems easy but it's not, trying holding for 60 secs and do 4 sets.

http://www.abs-exercise-advice.com/plank.html

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?s...____%26page%3D0

Guest Guest
high intensity interval training is the best way to burn fat regardless of if there is increased anaerobic respiration during exercise, because the resting metabolic rate increases for the entire day after your HIIT session, this is has been proven by various clinical studies

there is no need for much direct ab work since getting defined rectus abdominus/obliques is mainly based on getting bodyfat to round about 10%, for hypertrophy you could try weighted sit ups but again there will be minimal gains since women have low testosterone levels

Perfect ! :D

In simpler words: :p If you want your abs to show, you need to really drop body fat.