Getting Rid Of...

Guest roti man

Guest roti man

I'm a singh, I'm not that fat but i aint got a 6 pac either, so can anybody tell me the best way to get rid of man*oobs without using big equipment? I got a pull up bar and a push up stand... what do you recommend??? the fastest way to get rid of man*oobs

thanks

*Mod note: Any immature posts in this topic will be deleted.

Guest well heallow

without a picture (not expecting you to post one!) it is difficult to tell, most likely you may have unfortunate fat distribution genetics, which just means you need to a) increase your metabolism - smaller, more frequent meals, regular cardiovascular exercise, and you can also increase your metabolism by starting a strength building regime - weightlifting pullups, pressups etc.

You cannot just work your chest muscles and expect the fat to disappear from there, fat cannot be spot reduced, it is reduced all over.

and b) you need to clean up your diet - decrease saturated fats, less simple carbohydrates (replace white bread/flour/pasta with brown, not too many sweet things), and increase protein intake (daal) & complex carbs, drink lots of water

BUT if they are really bad and are not improving with fat loss, it is possible you might have gynaecomastia (esp if you are a teenager), this may require medication or if you are still not happy, surgery (not sure how sikhi-friendly that one is if you are amritdhari), if you have a feel of your chest to see if there is any gland formation (lumps) under your nipples, and it may be more sensitive - this is an indication of gyno. If you are not sure, go to your doctor!

hope this was of help

Guest mr.singh

lolz. I am getting abit overweight these days too, this summer i need to start excersising.

I remember last summer i was looking soooo good and I didn't even have anything fancy. Literally just run for about an hour a day, or you can do lots of biking. Biking is wikid, I have an exercise bike which is great as it tells you how many calories you are losing as you pedal, though a normal bike does the trick as well.

Don't start developing muscle straight away, i.e. by doing push ups and all that, as it will just make you look even more fat. You need to lose the extra weight first then do the push ups which will tone it and give muscles.

Guest Guest

First off, before you do anything, go see a doctor !

Don't start developing muscle straight away, i.e. by doing push ups and all that, as it will just make you look even more fat. You need to lose the extra weight first then do the push ups which will tone it and give muscles.
WHAT ?!?!?!?!!! How does building muscle make you look fat :S That's not true, weight training has been medically proven time and again to increase metabolism (which will help to burn fat). Weight training will build muscle, and muscles are fat burning factories, because they are active tissue unlike fat, which just sits there and does nothing.

I like what 'well heallow" said. Follow that :)

I just wanted to add that diet is about 80% of your effort. You need to get your diet sorted out properly, this will ensure that exercise brings maximum benefits to your body. I would highly recommend talking to a dietitian. I remember once I was about 25 pounds over weight and just by watching my diet (no exercise) I lost it all in about 6 months.

Lastly, fat loss is a slow, gradual and may I add, unpleasant process. Be patient, it may take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks (maybe longer) to start seeing results.

Guest Guest

oh fab thread. I am a girl. I wanna lose weight too! Like I wanna get a 4pack. Not a 6 pack cos thats too much and I think only guys shud have 6packs!

I want a girly one. So what do I do? I got a Gym, a Park and everything nearby. Normally I go gym and do running machine for 30mins at 8miles per hour. Then I do rowing for 15 mins at 30-40 miles per hour and then I do 15 mins weights. I do the twist weights. Basically you kneel on a chair with weights on the side and then you use the side of ure bum and ALL TORSO MUSCLES to twist and push the weights on the side. In total RUNNING, ROWING AND WEIGHTS makes up only a 45 mins workout.

I haven't gone in ages though. How often should I go - everyday? What should I eat? Also the Gym has more machines I never use... so any other machine I shud be using let me know! Also it has a personal trainer too but seriously I don't wanna spend money on one of those cos they are out of my budget....and oh they have a swimming pool, squash courts but I dunno how beneficial that is..I guess I am after something concise!

Also whats the best time to exercise. I used to go gym at 9pm (it was empty which was gd cos I liked having it all to myself!) and then I wud come home and sleep at 10pm. Looking back on it - surely excersing just before I slept was bad? Also is 6am in the morning an okay time to workout since ure on an empty stomach eg. do japji sahib at 6am in the morning whist running in the park. Is it okay to run and not eat? Or does that slow metabolism down.

Like I know u shudn't have something heavy before exercising....I know this cos once I ate gobbi, dhai and patorey before going gym. I started running and had to stop cos the food was like refluxing back on my throat.. In all fairness I thort I was gonna vomit!

Oh another thing any good workouts to make you grow and add some height to ureself? I think exercise programmes are tailored to body shape right. So yeah if someone wants to write me a workout programme that wud be fab. Tailor it to my body shape and lifestyle. Starting off with my body shape - its hourglass. I like it so I don't want that changed apart from one thing which bugs me. Basically when I go shopping I have to buy trousers one size down and a top one size up. Its always been like this....legs slimmer than top. Its just that most ppl on planet buy same size top and trousers and I am the odd one....but yeah I don't want to lose hourglass shape so don't tell me how to make my top slimmer if it messes that up...and don't tell me how to get fat legs....

Also I am one stone overweight at moment. Deffo not fat but more like Chubby....or as my mum says you can tell your from a well off family cos I according to her I look like a healthy happy person....ie I am not all bones. But I do wanna have muscle giving me the chubby look. Dunno how to explain this cos its sounding odd now. Its like how u see the rugby boys and they are not fat but they are chubby but then u know that chubby is muscle. So I am like the girly version of that which is cool but I basically need to kinda change it all to muscle without losing body shape. So I don't come up with a programme tht makes me bony and lose weight. I actually hate bony girls!

Finally tailor the plan to my schedule. I have basically stress and no stress periods. I am stressed for 3 months where I do no exercise. And no stress for 3 months where I can exercise everyday, any time. The remaining 6 months various between the two extremes. :) So yeh I babbled on but tell me what type of stuff from what exercise, what time to exercise, what to eat etc...

Guest Guest
oh fab thread. I am a girl. I wanna lose weight too! Like I wanna get a 4pack. Not a 6 pack cos thats too much and I think only guys shud have 6packs!

whoa whoa whoa bibi ! :lol: calm down. We are not personal trainers (well, I sure am not). All I do is give people tips based on what I have learned by being around personal trainers and doing research on my own.

So, I'll do the same for you as well.

DISCLAIMER: I will not be responsible for any injuries or physical harm that may come from this :p Also, I am in no shape an authority on these things, but I think you guys will generally agree with what i say :)

Normally I go gym and do running machine for 30mins at 8miles per hour.
Don't run at constant pace for that long. Vary your speed/intensity. One thing I always do is this.

- warm up for about 5 mins

1. run at 85% to 90% of your max speed for 30 secs to 60 secs

2. jog at 40% to 50% of your max speed for 2 mins

3. walk until you can catch your breath just enough so that you can talk comfortably

Steps 1 to 3 makes up 1 set. You can do anywhere from 2 to 5 sets of this, depending on your physical condition. But I wouldn't recommend doing that more than 3 times/week. That puts your body through a lot and it needs time to recover. Remember, rest is just as important as working out :)

I do the twist weights. Basically you kneel on a chair with weights on the side and then you use the side of ure bum and ALL TORSO MUSCLES to twist and push the weights on the side. In total RUNNING, ROWING AND WEIGHTS makes up only a 45 mins workout.
Stop using that machine. That is so un-natural. Remember, do FUNCTIONAL exercises/movements, i.e. movements that you do in your daily life, just a bit tougher so they challenge you.

Honestly, with all the stuff you are looking for, it would be best to pay a trainer and get him/her to layout a plan for you to follow :) Best of luck

PS. I am going for a 6 pack, everyone do ardaas for me, waheguru menu 6 pack bakshey :D :p

dude... i ve read about this in one of my classes... it could be due to some hormonal effects.... but yea .... not a bad idea to give a shot to more exercising and trying to lose some weight..... i know thas more like easy saying and hard doing... but i guess thas one of the ways i could think that could avoid such an effect and plus it would be i guess much better if theres no hormonal cause behind it .... atleast i hope not