Summer Holiday Paath Classes By Bhai Uday Singh!

''Prof Uday Singh is coming from Canada to teach punjabi and paath classes in West bromwich- edward street (Birmingham,U.K)

This is a great opportunity to learn larivaar gurbani for people of all stages. Even if you dont know any punjabi, he will be able to teach u to read paath in no time.

During the summer holidays, he will be teaching everyday at west brom....exact dates and times will follow. He is very strict and commitment is needed. If u come once, you have to go everyday!

THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY NOT TO BE MISSED!!!

If your interested PM me as we need to know an idea for numbers.''

vahigurujikakhalsa vahigurujikifateh.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who is professor Uday singh ?

Where did he learn from?

its an excellent idea, alot of the youth dont know panjabi

Bhai uday singh spent alot of time with bhai sahib randhir singh. He's related to me, hes got alot piaar for the youth, would be great for us all to make the effort and go to these classes. Whatever stage your at.

vahiguroo

:ye:

Ok i have more details; Bhai Udey singh will be here on the 22nd july for six weeks. They will run for 3hours every evening, the hours will be from 5.00pm-8.00pm (But are subject to change). These details were given to me as an estimation, so they maybe changed, but i will update the sangat on this thread.

vahiguroojeekaakhalsa, vahiguroojeekeefateh!

excellent, isnt he the one who wrote book on keski? general question?

and what we be in each class?

basics, Muharni, nitnem, panj granthi?

i would love to come but i think it will clash with my current classes with ustad bhai baldeep singh, however i will try and pop down sum times when we ent doing santhia with ustad jee.

Thanks

I think i might know him

he taught me how to read/write punjabi.

If hes the one that beat people with danday then thats him.

my families related to em as well.

I hated being in his class cuz he whooped us with branches a lot, but today its thanks to him that i know my punjabi well. I thank him a million for his seva and juthia which is what got the gurmukhi through my head. He use to teach us in his basement for free and attracted a lot of sangat even thought everyone knew he was good with those branches...lol. Parents didnnt care but the students were scared as heck!

I think i might know him

I hated being in his class cuz he whooped us with branches a lot, but today its thanks to him that i know my punjabi well. I thank him a million for his seva and juthia which is what got the gurmukhi through my head. He use to teach us in his basement for free and attracted a lot of sangat even thought everyone knew he was good with those branches...lol. Parents didnnt care but the students were scared as heck!

Sessions in the basement....beats kids with branches!!!!!

Tarrandeep kaur bhenji,

I can imagine this sort of comment, although not meant in a malicious way, will NOT encourage the youth. These methods were about 30y ago when I did Punjabi (and Urdu - Gyani was pre-1947 old skool type) lessons - but kids and parents are unlikely to stand for it today. Determination and committment are won from students through other means. Even Gurmat classes run at places like Harianbela, never use physical methods to get results from their students.

Please clarify what students will expect from his teaching method.

I think i might know him

Sessions in the basement....beats kids with branches!!!!!

Tarrandeep kaur bhenji,

I can imagine this sort of comment, although not meant in a malicious way, will NOT encourage the youth. These methods were about 30y ago when I did Punjabi (and Urdu - Gyani was pre-1947 old skool type) lessons - but kids and parents are unlikely to stand for it today. Determination and committment are won from students through other means. Even Gurmat classes run at places like Harianbela, never use physical methods to get results from their students.

i doubt hes still uses the sticks. Even when i was still his student, he stopped doing that ... but i have to say...hes one of the graetest gursikhs of today. he wrote many books . Great man indeed.

Tarrandeep kaur bhenji,

veerje... I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

when i found out about this.... i was soo happy because its a great oppourtunity!! plus its in the summer holidays!!

a wikeddd idea!!!

thanks alot

gurfateh!