Immortal Technique (sikh Related)

sorry for my ignorence

is this guy sikh?

sorry for my ignorence

is this guy sikh?

The guys got a powerful message.....but it all goes down the drain when he uses bad language and the N word....you may as well be patting your oppressors on the back if you use their derogatory terms...why can't there be a figure who represents something that others aspire to be?

thats true but remember he is a rapper

he probabaly has a reason

maybe he believe that that word adds to the emotional affect

i still think thats a wrong word to use tho

No, he isn't sikh. He comes from a Christan background, but isn't religious at all.

"I used to be a Christan" - Immortal Technique, song: Crossing boundary

He is coming out with a new album next month. I think that sikh line is going to be in the album in one of his songs.

Wiki:

Felipe Coronel (born February 19, 1979), better known as Immortal Technique, is a Hip hop MC and political activist. He is of Afro-Peruvian and Indigenous descent and was raised in Harlem, New York. Most of his lyrics focus on quasi-political issues. The views expressed in his lyrics are largely a mixture of commentary on issues such as poverty, religion, and racism. He also focuses on the harsh resulting realities of crime in the housing projects of New York City's slums.

Although he has been offered a deal with at least one major record label,[1][2] he has never signed to any. Immortal Technique has voiced a desire to keep control over his production, and has made statements in his music that he is very aware that it is record companies, not the artists themselves, who profit the most from mass production and marketing of music and has said he "would rather make a lot of a little, than a little of a lot."

He releases his music through, and is also the president of, Viper Records.