When Time Specificly Is 'amrit Vela'

jii

Some baaniyaan are to be recited at specific times of day, not literally the time but the time of day, so rehraas sahib is meant to be recited during sunset because the atmosphere changes and it somehow relates to rehraas sahib and also something to do with raags. And AMRITH VELAA i think should be recited BEFORE sunrise, because back in the days they never had watches and clocks or that sun dial thingy using the sun, so they recited their baaniyaan in accordance to the position of the sun... i've attached the 'understanding raag' file... i got it from someone on this forum...

theres a story that goes with amrithvelaa but i forgot it, but basically, if you have a bath before sunrise at a certain time u get a certain amount of seva awarded to you, so the most seva you can earn is by waking up the earliest as possible, so by waking up later than you should do then you get the seva awarded to you of giving milk to a poor child and one of the hghest awards is getting the seva of donating 16K of gold to the poor

Bhull chukk maaf karna, please forgive me for any mistakes I might have commited

vaahegurrrooooooooooo!

Understanding_Raag.doc

At Darbar Sahib, Amritsar they begin at 2:15 a.m and after doing parikarma of palki sahib take first 'Hukamnana' at 2:45 a.m Therefore, amrit vela should be before 3 a.m and before dawn.

Guru Amar Das in Anand sahib orders his Sikhs to wake up at amrit-vela , before sunrise, take bath and recite banee of wahguru and then proceed for work. So, amrit-vela is before sunrise. when surroundings are calm and peaceful. :) ))))