Dodgy Gurdwara?

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa, Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fatheh

Does anybody know anything dodgy about this gurdwara? Specifically the things served in the langar hall? non-vege? :umm: :rolleyes:

Guru Nanak Gurdwara Bhat

Singh Sabha and Community Centre

248 - 252 Moseley Road

High Gate, Birmingham

B12 ODG

Tel: 0121 540 2387

post-17049-1211824971_thumb.jpg

oooooooooooh this one!

well.. have u been in? have u seen dodgey stuff or are just making assumptions jee?

nahh aint been in, I think I been in wen i was little and dats how my rents know bout it, but lots of other people say this is where they do non vege sabjiyaan and foods, sumat like its cuz they're bhaatare... (dunno what bhaatare are tho)

but there is baani about 'keerath the bhaataraa' which was put in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee by Guru Ram Daas Jee...

hm Avguix Bry eyku guxu nwhI AMimRqu Cwif ibKY ibKu KweI ]

ham avagun bharae eaek gun naahee a(n)mrith shhaadd bikhai bikh khaaee ||

I am overflowing with sins and demerits; I have no merits or virtues at all. I abandoned the Ambrosial Nectar, and I drank poison instead.

mwXw moh Brm pY BUly suq dwrw isau pRIiq lgweI ]

maayaa moh bharam pai bhoolae suth dhaaraa sio preeth lagaaee ||

I am attached to Maya, and deluded by doubt; I have fallen in love with my children and spouse.

ieku auqm pMQu suinE gur sMgiq iqh imlµq jm qRws imtweI ]

eik outham pa(n)thh suniou gur sa(n)gath thih mila(n)th jam thraas mittaaee ||

I have heard that the most exalted Path of all is the Sangat, the Guru's Congregation. Joining it, the fear of death is taken away.

iek Ardwis Bwt kIriq kI gur rwmdws rwKhu srxweI ]4]58]

eik aradhaas bhaatt keerath kee gur raamadhaas raakhahu saranaaee ||4||58||

Keerat the poet offers this one prayer: O Guru Raam Daas, save me! Take me into Your Sanctuary! ||4||58||

yes veerje, thats what manyy ppl associate the gurdwara to be 'for bhatare' and apparently only they go there.

(cant spell.)

but we shouldnt say that, sangat is sangat, caste shudnt get in the picturel lol.

erm.... i went like 10 years ago loll

as far as i know, we cant say nufin untill we have actually seen meat served by our own eyes.

:)

and i think 'bhatere' is just another caste crapp thingy :)

Bhatere is Bhatra Sikh community.

Bhatras are the first sub-group of Sikhs in U.K. they were already in U.K. by 1920s, while most Sikhs came later in 50s and 60s.

The Bhat community, also known as the Sangat community, are a people of Sri Lankan descent comprised majorly of Sikhs.The word Bhat is a diminutive of the Sanskrit word meaning ‘bard’. The word Bhatra is a corruption of the term Bhat. Today in the United Kingdom there are significant numbers of Sikhs with Bhat ancestry, as there are in India. The Bhat Sikhs were amongst the first followers of Guru Nanak who are also believed to have traveled with him as far away as Sri Lanka. In the Punjab most Bhat Sikhs are now in Patiala, Amritsar, Hoshiarpur, Gurdaspur or Bhathinda districts, or in Jullunder or Chandigarh; elsewhere in India they tend to live in cities, particularly Delhi and Calcutta.

Does anybody know anything dodgy about this gurdwara? Specifically the things served in the langar hall? non-vege? :umm: :rolleyes:

Guru Nanak Gurdwara Bhat

248 - 252 Moseley Road

High Gate, Birmingham

B12 ODG

vjkk vjkf,

there doesnt seem to b much replies hau apraadhi, since you have named the topic 'dodgy gurdwara' and have accused it of serving 'non veggie' stuff. A humble request, could you please kindly find out or at least expand on the accusation as to why u are saying that, as its not fair on the sangat or people reading this thread, and you could be offending sangat that attends that gurdwara.

many thanks,

Guru Nanak Gurdwara Bhat

248 - 252 Moseley Road

High Gate, Birmingham

B12 ODG

vjkk vjkf,

there doesnt seem to b much replies hau apraadhi, since you have named the topic 'dodgy gurdwara' and have accused it of serving 'non veggie' stuff. A humble request, could you please kindly find out or at least expand on the accusation as to why u are saying that, as its not fair on the sangat or people reading this thread, and you could be offending sangat that attends that gurdwara.

many thanks,

Sorry khaalsaa jee and apologies to any sangat that i may have offended, i didnt mean to do so, but i was just askin cuz i was curious and i gave the address so that the sangat knew exactly which gurdwara i was on bout... i'm just curious wheather this is still going on... but 'Azaad' has just clarified that this beadbi has now stopped... so it's cool, if it was still going on then something would have had to be done to stop it, but it looks like it stopped years ago so its all kirpaa jeeo

Who would be willing to go tell the nihangs in Punjab not to bless the meat and serve it, along side cannabis as Holy Communion?

they know everything already, they know its all anti-gurmat but they're just idiots and use any excuse to be able to eat meat and take drugs