Anand Karaj, Women

Guest gobinday

Remember, the laavaa were written by Guru Ramdaas jee, and the custom was/is that woman walks behind man, its not about being sexist or guru sahib doesn't consider them equal its just customary, who are we to change it? Both wearing bana holding sri sahibs, some like it that way some don't so thats personal choice, but the method of doing lava shouldn't be changed.

Guest gobinday
Remember, the laavaa were written by Guru Ramdaas jee, and the custom was/is that woman walks behind man, its not about being sexist or guru sahib doesn't consider them equal its just customary, who are we to change it? Both wearing bana holding sri sahibs, some like it that way some don't so thats personal choice, but the method of doing lava shouldn't be changed.

IT DOESNT SAY ANYWHERE THAT THE MAN MUST WALK IN FRONT

ITS NOT CHANGING THE METHOD OF LAVAAN AT ALL, there is no Gender before AKaal

Guest gobinday
^^^ pls send pics of ur wedding, i hope to see the penje to be before u :)

all the best jee.

fateh!

wjkk, wjkf

definitely, IF i get married that is

if the couple is amritdhari, then ofcourse they both will have kirpans, : )

they should both hold kirpans anyway, a man is not superior in any way and should not be the only one to hold a kirpan

One wedding I went to I asked the couple why the man was holding a sri sahib - he sed its 'tradition'. Loadza ppl hold sri sahibs for the sake of it - so if u ask em why the men hold sri sahibs and the women dont they can't answer.

My friend sent me a pic of her cousin who got married - his wife's sri sahib was waaay bigger thn his - i woz lyk rock on bibi ji :p her family wasnt very happy tho :gg:

Guest gobinday
if the couple is amritdhari, then ofcourse they both will have kirpans, : )

they should both hold kirpans anyway, a man is not superior in any way and should not be the only one to hold a kirpan

One wedding I went to I asked the couple why the man was holding a sri sahib - he sed its 'tradition'. Loadza ppl hold sri sahibs for the sake of it - so if u ask em why the men hold sri sahibs and the women dont they can't answer.

My friend sent me a pic of her cousin who got married - his wife's sri sahib was waaay bigger thn his - i woz lyk rock on bibi ji :p her family wasnt very happy tho :gg:

Waheguru!

the bibi shudnt be dressed like a 'hindu' with all red and gold jewellery. simple is best.

Obvioudly both singh and singhni should be wearing kirpans. Not sure if it matters whose holding one or not, just for how really.

I think it should be left as singh in front, bibi behind, this has been done for years, also in bhai sahibs time, why change it now?

its hilarious how u guys refer and date bak to bhai sahibs time

nothing wrong with that, but sikh history goes a BIT further

gobinday, ur causing unnecessary conflict

this anand karaj tradition of man in front has gone on since maharaj's time, why change it now

as for dressing up like bahmanh and bahmanhis, i side withyou

an anand karaj should ideally be done in full banha, no jewelry whatsoever

i went to this one anand karj, where the singh had a pistol on a gatra next to his kirpaan, sant ji style, it was pretty sick

Guest gobinday
its hilarious how u guys refer and date bak to bhai sahibs time

nothing wrong with that, but sikh history goes a BIT further

gobinday, ur causing unnecessary conflict

this anand karaj tradition of man in front has gone on since maharaj's time, why change it now

as for dressing up like bahmanh and bahmanhis, i side withyou

an anand karaj should ideally be done in full banha, no jewelry whatsoever

i went to this one anand karj, where the singh had a pistol on a gatra next to his kirpaan, sant ji style, it was pretty sick

well seing as you talked about Sant Bhindranwale, i would like to say that Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale said that women should go in front of men in Lavaan, there is no difference between man and women, they are equal

if you think taht men should go in front then it just shows me that you think men are superior

and no its not 'tradition' there is no specification if a woman or man should go in front and there have been Anand Karaj where the woman is in front