Saad Sangat Ji

sat sri akal saad sangat ji

i want to ask plz give me suggestion what is good

i always take my breakfast + lunch where i am working from outside.it always non-veg.

evening time i want to go GURDAWARA to do SEVA.so before go to GURDWARA should i take bath or can i go to GURDWARA without bath.

from last some days i gone to GURDWARA sahib ji without bath,but i didn't enter where SHRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI located.i entered and started to do SEVA at shoes corner + wash the dishes.then took my langer and get back to my room.

should i do bath every evening before to go GURDWARA,or can i go without bath.plz give me suggestion .i will do today evening as my lovely saad sangat sugges me.

bhul chuk muaaf

veerje :| can u please quit meat?

sikhs are not supposed to eat meat.....

so dont u think.... life wud be easier:

dont eat meat, have ishnaan every morning, and go gurdwara as normal without worrying ; )

seriously.... : (

quit meat. sorry if im harsh

fatehjee

SonyNeech i think Gupt Kaur penji is right.

i remember back in the days when i used to eat meat, my parents never used to let me go guru ghar after eating non-veg food..

to be honest i don't think you should go guru ghar after eating non-veg..sorry if iv offended you but its just my opinion.

yes it is difficult to stop eating non-veg but once you hav stopped its great so at least tryy to stop..

*my two cent*

SonyNeech i think Gupt Kaur penji is right.

i remember back in the days when i used to eat meat, my parents never used to let me go guru ghar after eating non-veg food..

to be honest i don't think you should go guru ghar after eating non-veg..sorry if iv offended you but its just my opinion.

yes it is difficult to stop eating non-veg but once you hav stopped its great so at least tryy to stop..

*my two cent*

ok sihni behen ji

i understand.but i can't instantly.morinig time i don't have time to go GURDWARA.so evening time is best.i took my non veg lunch at 1:20pm and i leave my work place at 6:00pm so to till 6 pm i am again hungry it means all is finished.so plz tell me if i take bath after home and than go to GURDWARA it's well.actually i want to go GURDWARA evening time and willing to do seva there.i think i don't want to live without SEVA.

is it good take bath and go to GURDWARA.or i should stop to go there.how can i stop myself to go there when my TRUE GURU calling me to do there SEVA.

KKV using Akhalee Nihang Baba Hardeesh Singh Jee Welling Vahleh's account

Well, I don't know about you eating meat - it isnt my place to make comments about that.

As for you original question, I don't actually do Amrith Vehlaa, but I think am right in saying that you say that you don't have time in the morning to do Ishnaan. Well do you think it would help if you went to sleep a little earlier at night and got up earlier in the morning?

According to various agreeable Reyath Maryadheh your supposed to have Ishnaan every morning head to toe. Some people do Ishnaan more than once everyday - their own hygiene and Shardhaa I guess. But as far as I know if you don't do Ishnaan in the morning becuase you don't have time, maybe you should do Ishnaan before going to the Gurdhvaaraa in the evening. See it as this if you wanted to do Thabeh'yaa'n Dhee Sevaa at the Gurdhvaaraa, you wouldnt be allowed to do it if you havent had a FULL Ishnaan (Head to toe) - win over your challenges.

Just my £1.27 pence. :cool:

. See it as this if you wanted to do Thabeh'yaa'n Dhee Sevaa at the Gurdhvaaraa, you wouldnt be allowed to do it if you havent had a FULL Ishnaan (Head to toe) - win over your challenges.

no i don't do Thabeh'yaa'n di seva. coz i don't keep me hair.so i can't.i am very happy to do seva in shoes corner + wash dishes.i will try to take ishnaan before to go GURDWARA every evening.but in the morning can i do JAP JI SAHIB without ishnaan.i didn't take GUTKA SAHIB in hand just i keep in my mind JAP JI SAHIB.so i think i can do in morning without take bath.coz i don't have time in morning to do bath.just wash the hands + mouth and ready to go for work

. See it as this if you wanted to do Thabeh'yaa'n Dhee Sevaa at the Gurdhvaaraa, you wouldnt be allowed to do it if you havent had a FULL Ishnaan (Head to toe) - win over your challenges.

no i don't do Thabeh'yaa'n di seva. coz i don't keep me hair.so i can't.i am very happy to do seva in shoes corner + wash dishes.i will try to take ishnaan before to go GURDWARA every evening.but in the morning can i do JAP JI SAHIB without ishnaan.i didn't take GUTKA SAHIB in hand just i keep in my mind JAP JI SAHIB.so i think i can do in morning without take bath.coz i don't have time in morning to do bath.just wash the hands + mouth and ready to go for work

KKV using Akhalee Nihang Baba Hardeesh Singh Jee's account

Well I think everyone would agree with me by saying that if you do Jap Jee Saahb in the morning without doing Ishnaan first; then you should at least do Panj Ishnan'n - this is washing your:

~ Face

~ Mouth - brushing you teeth and tongue

~ Hands

~ Feet

~ Legs - up to your knees

The only reason that its important that you do Ishnaan is obviously for hygiene reasons, but the purpose of it is also that if you refresh your than (body), you feel fresh - that way you can refresh your mind and Spritual being when doing Paat.

A Singh with MAHAA Gyaan explained that everyone is quick to say that you should have cold Ishnaan every morning. BUT that isn't straight away jump in the bath full of cold water. That doesnt mean jump in the shower turn the cold tap on full blast. It is important to use WARM water FIRST, because only warm or hot water can get rid of dirt. Cold water just hardens the mehl (dirt) and thats it. Try it, wash a clothing that has a stain on it with cold water and try scrubbing it so that it comes off - IT WILL NOT COME OFF (trust me...). Then put that same peice of clothing into hot or warm water and then scrub it - it WILL take time to take the stain off but it WILL come off. What am getting at is that Singh Jee explained that FIRST use WARM water to clean yourself, then after use cold water you wake yourself up.

As for you saying that you do Jap Jee Saahb from memory - its good you know it Khant but doing from memory isnt that same as doing it from a Gotkaa Saahb. You get more lahaa when you read EACH Uhkar (Letter), EACH Shabadh. We supposed to feel blessed that we been given the eyesight to READ Banee and better yet have the sohjee to read Gurmukhee - not everyones been given that (Vaaheguroo).

wjkk wjkf

veer ji, i can understand ur situation.

ok, here is the tip. as you said you dont keep hair, so i can assume that your ishnaan would not take more than 5 mins max. now you have to ask this to your self that how hard it is for you to take out 5 mins in the morning to have ishnaan.

we tend to do everything, but when it comes to ishaan, dastaar, keeping hair, nitnem, sewa, kirtan, reading gurbani etc. we end up with so many excuses... i hope i am right, i am saying this from personal experience and from you youth point of view. ishnaan in the morning makes u feel fresh so before you carry on with your daily work, you can concentrate on the naam of guru ji. getting up 10 mins early would not make you feel tired or sick, just go to bed little early than ur usual time and keep in your mind that you must get up early and have ishnaan and nitnem.

treat your nitnem as guru nanak dev ji's arm, hold it tightly, dont let it go.... and trust me, guru nanak dev ji wont let you go away from him.

we are not frogs that we have to have bath before we do anything. but we must keep our body clear and morning bath is generally the best one and lasts for the rest of the day.

you are doing the right thing... bath is to clean outer body and sewa, simran, nitnem etc is to clean the inner mann.

keep it up and do ardaas.... and remember nitnem is guru ji's arm.... hold it tightly.

bhul chuk maaf

wjkk wjkf

sat sri akal veer ji

i am not going to promise i will take bath every morning before do JAP JI SAHIB JI.but i always taken five ishnan before path.and i will try to do bath every evening before to go GURDWARA SAHIB JI.

i just want to know i need to do bath before go to GURDWARA SAHIB JI.i got it.i should get bath before enter in GURDWARA SAHIB.i will try to keep it.