Vichaar On This Shabad

I rather not rely on English translation. But here are the panktees you quoted:

ਚਹੁ ਜੁਗਾ ਕਾ ਹੁਣਿ ਨਿਬੇੜਾ ਨਰ ਮਨੁਖਾ ਨੋ ਏਕੁ ਨਿਧਾਨਾ ॥

ਜਤੁ ਸੰਜਮ ਤੀਰਥ ਓਨਾ ਜੁਗਾ ਕਾ ਧਰਮੁ ਹੈ ਕਲਿ ਮਹਿ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਾ ॥2॥

It is clear that controlling senses and going to pilgrimage etc were the rituals of previous yugs and this was considered the dharma but they were lost because now the truth has been revealed to everyone in kalyug which is that only Naam can give muktee. I do not believe other ways to achieve muktee in previous yugs are not valid anymore. Truth doesn’t change over time. If Naam gives muktee now then it must have been the same in previous yugs. Besides, people in previous yugs did not live in a different universe. It was the same earth and people were bound by same moral principle. I hardly doubt Dharam Raj gave out punishments or rewards based on different laws. Why did Guru Sahib reject pilgrimage and controlling the senses? Because it is all false.

ਜੁਗਿ ਜੁਗਿ ਆਪੋ ਆਪਣਾ ਧਰਮੁ ਹੈ ਸੋਧਿ ਦੇਖਹੁ ਬੇਦ ਪੁਰਾਨਾ ॥

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜਿਨੀ ਧਿਆਇਆ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਗਿ ਤੇ ਪੂਰੇ ਪਰਵਾਨਾ ॥3॥

The second line needs to be paid attention to. Those who meditate upon Waheguru through “Gurmukh (Guru) are the one who are “pooray” and parvaan in Sachkhand. Others are not. In other yugs rishis and sadhus came up with other ways and called it religion but those who meditated became parvaan or mukat.

im mostly interested in knowing how people attained mukhti in the previous ages as we can see there has been Gurmukhs in all yugas. If Akaal Purakh did not give naam to the various avatars, prophets of the past, how could Akaal Purakh expect them to be leading others to Him? God is not a just God if he does not give proper Guidance to all men of history. Mankind has been here for thousand of years, and of course they must have recieved some sort of effective guidance by God.

In my previous post I quoted Dasam bani which clearly says that other prophets came and preached their own name not Satnaam which means that they were given instructions to preach Satnaam but they failed. They were, after all, only avtaars and not pooran Guru. They were fallible only Satguru in infallible. Everything exists from Naam so Naam has existed since Aad. Waheguru’s form is Naam. I present a Shabad from Gurbani to answer your question:

ਰਾਮ ਜਪਉ ਜੀਅ ਐਸੇ ਐਸੇ ॥ ਧ੍ਰੂ ਪ੍ਰਹਿਲਾਦ ਜਪਿਓ ਹਰਿ ਜੈਸੇ ॥1॥

Dhru and Prehlad both meditated and became mukat and they did not live in kalyug. Ganika also meditated upon naam. So did others. So this proves that people meditated in previous yugs and Naam was there. When people adopted a human Guru it wasn’t to learn how to perform rituals but learning meditative techniques and reaching higher spiritual stage. In the case of Dhru and Prehlad, both got Naam from Satguru (Guru Sahib) as is stated in Gurbani. Guru Sahib gave Naam in Nirgun form and did kirpa on selected Bhagats. Getting Naam from Nirgun form is possible even these days but happens very rarely and only when the devotee is unable to obtain Naam from Panj Pyare. An arya samaji person obtained Naam in jail from Nirgun form. Similar example is given in Bhai Veer Singh Ji’s jeevan who appeared in Bhai Sahib’s dream after death and claimed that he obtained Naam and was saved at the very last moment.

ਸਤਿਜੁਗਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਵਾਸਦੇਵ ਵਵਾ ਵਿਸਨਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵੈ ।

ਦੁਆਪਰਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਰੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਹਾਹਾ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵੈ ।

ਤੇਤੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਰਾਮ ਜੀ ਰਾਰਾ ਰਾਮ ਜਪੇ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਵੈ ।

ਕਲਿਜੁਗਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਗਗਾ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਲਾਵੈ ।

I can quote numerous Shabads rejecting Krishna but that is not the purpose of my post. In simple words, he is not revered in Gurbani and was not a Satguru. There exists no proof. If we believe in the theory of taking first letter from each word then the word becomes ਵਿਹਰਾਗੋ which is not Gurmantra. Sikhi is revealed path not copied from other paths. It is absolutely ridiculous to believe that Gurmantra (Naam) is copied from other words and not revealed by Guru Sahib. I think you should not rely on English translation or sanatani translation as they promote Hinduism and distort Sikhi. Guru Sahib did not preach the word “Gobind” in kalyug. He accepted all names as kirtam naam and preached Gurmantra (Satnaam) to be the absolute perfect and pooran Naam.

Could you please explain to me how the pauri of Bhai Gurdass is to be interpreted? Do you believe it to be written by Bhai Gurdass or someone else?

i'll respond to your other comments later veerji, im in a bit of a hurry with exams. wish me good luck