Another Sikh Boy Suffers Hate Assault In New York City School

Bored

This is getting ridiculous. Why aren't these kids standing up for themselves? Why was this 18 year old scared of a 15 year old? I really think Sikh parents need to emphasize more on physical fitness and self defense for their kids at a young age. So no child feels scared to stand up for their rights. Whether it’s boxing lessons, karate/tae kwon do or just simple self defense techniques; these kids are lacking the self-confidence. We must start at a young age, the older they get the harder it is to instill self-confidence. How many people here practise some sort of martial art or think they could handle themselves in an altercation?

not all parents can=) some of them dont even know how to be a parent. maybe we need to start such programs where sikh kids have a chance to learn that stuff..and give support to become self dependent as well as confident. One of the missions of our education system is to help kids become confident...but no One area/district etc is alike. so many fatcors play role ....nd we fail some of the kids=(

used to frustrate me...prolly i will start feeling that way again..when i start hanging out with the young ones in the summer and see how its soo hard to help them ALL ( iwish i could help tme all...or if there was an injection to boost ones confidence or get ride of hate ...but there isnt one is there?=(...)

~vaheguru~

Learning kung-fu or martial arts might give you confidence but will not make you able to fight. Martial arts is all <admin-profanity filter activated>, Believe me. When a six footer gets hold of your collar, you need more than martial arts training to fight him

Basically hand to hand fight is about how tough you are. You have to be able to take the beating. If the other person hits you four punches, you must hit him back. Even if you can only hit two punches. Most bullies cannot take a beating. Even if he injures you more, you must injure him too, even if slightly. No one wants to get injured, believe me, no matter how strong. When a person knows that he is stronger than you but he too will be injured by you, even if just one puch, he will never attack. Trust me.