Sitting Higher Whislt Bani Is Being Recited In Another Room

akal sahai

gurfateh sangat ji,

ok basically i had this thought and hopefully someone could the seva to give me knowlege in what to do. basically i heard that if somone is reading bani in a room, then you should not sit higher then them. Ok that is cool, but what if someone is doing bani in the same house but in a different room, should u sit higher then them in another room. For example like if you have two bedrooms together, and some one is doing path on the floor in one bedroom, can you sit on the bed in the other room.

Could someone bless us with some gian....

vjjk vjkf

gurbar akal

Guest peacemaker

The point is that you don't always know that they might be doing it. Let's say you don't hear someone doing bani and go about your normal business, do you think you will be punished for that?

There was a Sakhi Bhai Apinderpal Singh was telling the sangat in one of his recordings.

During the time of Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji two Gursikhs came for the Sangat of Guru Ji at Kirtpur Sahib. Guru Ji was doing Ram in another room and a Sevadar told the Sangat that they will have to wait for Guru Ji to come back. So the Sangat thought that while they wait they might as well recite Bani. When Guru Ji heard the Bani they lept from the bed they were laying on and went to the next room and saw that it was the Sangat reciting the Bani. Once seeing them Guru Ji immediately did Ardaas to Waheguru asking for forgiveness for doing Beadbi of Bani.

I dont know if the Sakhi comepletly answers your question but I hope it help you to understand a bit better . :)

Guest peacemaker
You'd better hope that no one decides to do their nitnem on a plane... :happy:

Just do nitnem in space!!! Then you'll be above everyone and not have to worry!

There was a Sakhi Bhai Apinderpal Singh was telling the sangat in one of his recordings.

During the time of Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji two Gursikhs came for the Sangat of Guru Ji at Kirtpur Sahib. Guru Ji was doing Ram in another room and a Sevadar told the Sangat that they will have to wait for Guru Ji to come back. So the Sangat thought that while they wait they might as well recite Bani. When Guru Ji heard the Bani they lept from the bed they were laying on and went to the next room and saw that it was the Sangat reciting the Bani. Once seeing them Guru Ji immediately did Ardaas to Waheguru asking for forgiveness for doing Beadbi of Bani.

I dont know if the Sakhi comepletly answers your question but I hope it help you to understand a bit better . :)

so like if my mom was doing path in the room next to me on the floor, then i should not sleep on the bed which makes me higher in the other room>?????