Rehraas Sahib

Kooka

Im not sure which post I was reading a few hours ago however it said something about Guru Nanak Sahib and Sant Mardana ji and it said they sat on their assan's to read Rehraas. Im sure rehraas was compiled at a later date, and I want to find out when it was actually compiled.

I say this because reading rehraas it has many different patshaiya's bani in it, for example:

rwgu Awsw mhlw 4 so purKu

raag aasaa mehlaa chautaa so purakh

Raag Aasaa, Fourth Mehl, So Purakh ~ That Primal Being:

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik-oNkaar satgur parsaad ]

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

so purKu inrMjnu hir purKu inrMjnu hir Agmw Agm Apwrw ]

so purakh niranjan har purakh niranjan har agmaa agam apaaraa.

That Primal Being is Immaculate and Pure. The Lord, the Primal Being, is Immaculate and Pure. The Lord is Inaccessible, Unreachable and Unrivalled.

siB iDAwvih siB iDAwvih quDu jI hir scy isrjxhwrw ]

sabh dhi-aavahi sabh dhi-aavahi tudh jee har sachay sirjanhaaraa.

All meditate, all meditate on You, Dear Lord, O True Creator Lord.

Sat Sri Akaal!

so what was the original rehraas that Guru Nanak dev ji used to read? And when was the rehraas completed?

Dear Kooka,

If I'm not mistaken, the SGGS was not compiled as yet in Guru Nanaks time. In Guru Nanaks time, there was only the 'Pothi Sahib'. So I'm assuming Rehars was compiled much later.

There was a post on here a few days ago, I dont know where it is or what it was called, ive even tried using the search function. However it said that people had to come back 'from the dead' to read rehraas sahib (guru nanak jis time), when rehraas was created at a much later point? Is this sakhi true or false?

Don't know about that Sakhi, but as far as I can tell, a form of Rehras was read during Guru Nanak Dev Ji's time - I think Bhai Gurdas' Vaaran state this as well.

Guru Ji added to it in their later forms up to Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

this may answer your question about people frmo dead and rehras.

there is a sakhi which goes that a lady was reading rehras sahib out aloud and a guy said to her that y r u saying it out aloud read it in your mouth. after she had finished she said that when i read it out aloud ghosts and spirits come to listern to rehras.

basically what this is saying is that the bani being read is so special that even ghosts and spirits come to listern to it so that tyhey can get mukhti or something along those lines. this is because the human form and body is only able to do paath and naamsimran not even angles and spirits can do this so we must make the mopst of this human body and do paath and naamsimran while we can .